N64 or Gamecube Ports?

#1miraimikePosted 7/16/2011 6:04:51 PM
With the 3DS, are you more excited about the idea of Gamecube ports or N64 ports? I'll always hold out hope for Pokemon Snap and Kirby64 on the system, but I feel that if the 3DS can handle stuff like Eternal Darkness or Skies of Arcadia Legends, I wouldn't be disappointed if this became a GC port generation.

*Yes, I know that Skies is itself a Dreamcast port.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#2Makeveli_livesPosted 7/16/2011 6:07:03 PM
Gamecube ports by far. I'm not one of those guys that's blinded by nostalgia over games a decade old.

---
Pokemon White FC: 0862 2592 0781
#3cha_fan1Posted 7/16/2011 6:22:21 PM
I'd rather N64 games come out on Wii Virtual Console and Gamecube games get ported as necessary (and hopefully get their own section with Wii U). Though it's not likely to happen with a new Super Smash Bros on the pipeline, a portable copy of Melee would make my day.
---
First System: Sega Nomad
Favorite System: Scrabble Board
#4VyersPosted 7/16/2011 6:28:38 PM
Speaking of them, if we were only given five N64 ports and five GC ports (each), I'd personally pick Majora's Mask, OoT, Star Fox, Super Mario, and Paper Mario for N64 and Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 2, and Metroid Prime.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#5Makeveli_livesPosted 7/16/2011 6:30:41 PM

Super Mario

Super Mario DS

Four Swords Adventures

Announced at E3 as a possible free download. Or maybe guarenteed free, it was a while ago and I don't really remember.

---
Pokemon White FC: 0862 2592 0781
#6VyersPosted 7/16/2011 6:34:13 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
Super Mario
Super Mario DSFour Swords Adventures
Announced at E3 as a possible free download. Or maybe guarenteed free, it was a while ago and I don't really remember.

Super Mario DS =/= Super Mario 64, and Four Swords Adventures is a different game from Four Swords.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#7GM_Posted 7/16/2011 6:35:11 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
Gamecube ports by far. I'm not one of those guys that's blinded by nostalgia over games a decade old.

You're not even a gamer if you honestly believe that's why people like older games. I play games from decades ago for the first time all the time and I often enjoy them if they're good games with fun gameplay or stories. I'm not a spoiled, next-Gen sheep that has no appreciation for the medium of games whatsoever.

Go ahead and blindly toss around the misused term "nostalgia" all you want but it holds no meaning to your defense at all. I play old games because I love video games and I'll easily pick up a 20 year old game I've never heard of and play it.
#8xWazManxPosted 7/16/2011 6:39:59 PM(edited)

From: Makeveli_lives | Posted: 7/17/2011 2:30:41 AM | #005
[quoted text]

Super Mario DS[quoted text]

no, it was four swords
the GBA version

edit: that completely missed the FSA section -.-
---
The Official Guy of the Time Travelers Board and the Task III Board
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1678/theguyd.png
#9Dark_SilverXPosted 7/16/2011 9:46:26 PM
can you play the four swords by yourself or do you have to play with people?
---
Wii FC, PSN, XBL, DS FC's in profile. Monster Hunter Tri ID: YGMCDR
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
#10GhetsisPosted 7/16/2011 9:56:06 PM
GameCube.

F-Zero GX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F-Zero X

Kirby Air Ride >>>>>>>>>> Kirby 64

Super Mario Sunshine >>>>>>>>>>>> Super Mario 64 (dont kil me plz)

Wind Waker >>>>wait, no, Majora's Mask is way better...

Yeah, I really didn't like N64's library all too much, honestly...besides Zelda, all it had were platformers....which I love, but I love variety, too.
---
This game is my new babysitter. I like it better than my old babysitter, Big Mutha Truckers - Ralph Wiggum