Anyone else think no Achievements/Trophies on 3DS is a missed opportunity?

#81panama_chiefPosted 7/18/2011 6:36:42 PM
Grandy12 posted...
If they are optional I wish for a feature to block them.

I want to play a game from start to finish without anything popping up on my screen congratulating me in a condecending way for finishing the tutorial like the good boy I am, here is 15g.

That's already this option on current systems, but if it's nintendo......well, you know.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#82Grandy12Posted 7/18/2011 6:40:47 PM
bronx718 posted...
Grandy12 posted...
If they are optional I wish for a feature to block them.

I want to play a game from start to finish without anything popping up on my screen congratulating me in a condecending way for finishing the tutorial like the good boy I am, here is 15g.

That's already this option on current systems, but if it's nintendo......well, you know.

Wait, really? Where do I disable this option on the 360? I'll be honest, I just assumed it couldn't be turned off and never searched for it.
---
JUS: 4382-1831-2782
Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#83SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/18/2011 6:42:30 PM
I use Trophies/Achievements as a sort of post-story thing. It actually makes me go back and keep playing some games after I've gotten bored with them from completing the main story. People that don't like them don't have to try for them, and those that do have something to keep them playing a certain game.

If you get a feeling of being told what to do when you read the trophy list, don't read it. Not that hard a concept to understand. If you get a trophy for doing a sidequest you have to do anyway, then what is there to complain about?

Some of the same people that were having fanboygasms at the rumor of achievements being on the 3DS were quick to spit on the idea when they found out that it was just a rumor. But fanboys think their opinions are always right. Then they jump on anyone that disagrees with them or has a reasonable criticism and call them "trolls". The hypocrisy in that is funny and sad.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#84OmegaZero633Posted 7/18/2011 6:43:17 PM(edited)
OoSubaruoO posted...
OmegaZero633 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
I remember the days when gamers actually played games, instead of caring about some digital achievement.

I know, right?
But more options is always better.

Trophies/Achievements aren't really options. They're a poor excuse for people to replay a game that had little to no content in the first place. They're practically useless. There's only a select few of games that actually awards you for unlocking trophies/achievements.

Well, I'm just saying that if they're included (with an option to disable them), everyone's satisfied. People can play the game for the actual experience and achievement/trophy hunters can go do their own thing. Everyone wins. :b
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#85panama_chiefPosted 7/18/2011 6:49:44 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Trophies/Achievements aren't really options. They're a poor excuse for people to replay a game that had little to no content in the first place. They're practically useless. There's only a select few of games that actually awards you for unlocking trophies/achievements.

Lots of opinion floating around but no reason why their existence is such a bother. Achievements:

- are optional.
- don't effect gameplay negatively.
- add something to do.
- don't have to bother you since the notification can be turned of.
- don't stop games from being released.

Main part is the optional thing. Why the adamant pessimistic view on something that could give those who like it something more to do; and can be avoided by those who dont like it?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#86Eclypse9810Posted 7/18/2011 8:28:08 PM
I do not think they should release Star Fox 64 3D.

I do not want it. It adds nothing to my 3DS experience. People who played and beat it will claim superiority over me for playing and beating me.
---
Do you remember the dark?
#87SoaringDivePosted 7/18/2011 8:42:44 PM
I like the achievement-type thing in Brawl.

I want more like those. Not a little "*bling* You did something you HAVE to do to progress!! *GOLD*"

But in Brawl you unlock songs, trophies, and stuff, it's nice. What's also nice is the entire "you can only see what's next to ones you've already gotten". Kinda more of a game-y feel than a list and a *bling*.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#88artificialjunkPosted 7/18/2011 8:44:25 PM
thats actually one thing ninty did right. achievements/trophies are awful
#89CapnStankyPosted 7/18/2011 8:46:51 PM
There's achievements...for walking. Brilliant.
#90NnamzPosted 7/18/2011 9:57:52 PM
I think they missed out big. I would have never played Spec Ops in MW2 had it not been for trophies, nor would I have explored all of Assassin's Creed, nor would I have started a new game in Mass Effect 2 and saw the evil choices differences.
---
PSN ID: Nnamz
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402