am I the only one who would have preferred a higher resolution over 3D?

#1RPGMaster95Posted 7/16/2011 11:46:02 PM
3D is neat... It's different... And with certain types of games it can make stuff stand out and seem more layered.

Some claim it makes the graphics "better", well in my opinion its different and unique but not better.

A higher resolution would allow even more realistic graphics than the limited 3D can provide, other services like Netflix wouldn't look like crap, and well... Stuff would just look better.

It's just too bad that Sony saw the opportunity and took it... I mean Mario, Resident Evil, and gimmicky 3D as well as the promise of stuff way down the road just doesn't seem to logically stack up against superior graphics, media options, online, multiplayer, control options, etc...

I guess the wow factor of the 3D has worn off for me and now I'm looking at things from a long run picture, and honestly unless other games have mind blowingly better 3D than OoT to me i'd have rather just had higher resolution and more raw power.
#2Mario_BonesPosted 7/16/2011 11:48:26 PM
I much prefer 3D, it has heaps of potential to be utilised for more than just awesome immersion. The graphics are fine as they are, any better would just be a bonus that doesn't really add much.
---
Not changing this signature until an Ace Attorney character is playable in a Capcom Vs. Game. Started 22nd July 2010
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#3strongo9Posted 7/16/2011 11:51:05 PM
It all boils down to the games, and that's where the 3DS will excel at once it really starts to develop a good library. You're judging both the 3DS and PSVita too early.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#4DannyFolloneroPosted 7/17/2011 12:10:41 AM
I'm with you on this. I may still get a 3DS down the road depending on how developers utilize the system's features, but honestly I'm already tired of 3-D. I avoid it when I see movies in theaters and I have no interest in it in gaming.

Once again, not saying that my interest may be piqued again with future developments but as of right now it's still a cheap (or expensive depending on how you look at it) gimmick to me.
---
Rock my white shoes and polo tie.
PSN: Weathaman90
#5lambchipsPosted 7/17/2011 12:53:32 AM(edited)
i prefer 3d, because with high resolution they arent really doing anything with it atm
to me picture quality is picture quality..
3d is more dynamic wihle hd is just flat but more detailed for me

as long as they just show me images and can tell the difference between a dog and cat visually graphics are fine as is (i dont need to see the individual fur etc)

im not really nitpick-ish, i prefer a good/innovative gameplay than better visuals (but then again if i ever wanted visuals i'll just jump to pc gaming)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#6strongo9Posted 7/17/2011 12:39:03 AM
Look past the gimmicks people. The 3D shouldn't be the make-or-break of the system for you. The games!
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#7VyersPosted 7/17/2011 12:40:13 AM
For anyone not interested in the 3D, the 3D just detracts from the experience.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#8RC Cruz mePosted 7/17/2011 1:04:34 AM
I keep 3D off, so yeah, I would have liked better resolution too
---
http://rcizzle.tumblr.com/ - http://backloggery.com/RCizzle65
http://imgh.us/Melanie_Iglesias.jpg http://imgh.us/rcizzle65.png
#9DannyFolloneroPosted 7/17/2011 1:06:05 AM
lambchips posted...
i prefer 3d, because with high resolution they arent really doing anything with it atm
to me picture quality is picture quality..
3d is more dynamic wihle hd is just flat but more detailed for me

as long as they just show me images and can tell the difference between a dog and cat visually graphics are fine as is (i dont need to see the individual fur etc)

im not really nitpick-ish, i prefer a good/innovative gameplay than better visuals (but then again if i ever wanted visuals i'll just jump to pc gaming)

I understand the logic behind this, but to me the 3-d detracts from the immersion of viewer (or player) and the media itself. Better graphics and resolution do not do this. Of course, like you, visuals are only part of it and it's all about the games themselves. Unfortunately, 3DS as yet to impress me with their library.
---
Rock my white shoes and polo tie.
PSN: Weathaman90
#10TeremeiPosted 7/17/2011 1:13:57 AM
you're probably not the only person. But me personally I think the rez is fine and Zelda looks amazing in 3D. I think the rez is just fine for the graphics it will display, N64-gamecube quality visuals on a nice sharp small 3D screen.

The PSVita will satisfy my need for super sharp high rez screen and graphics. It's nice that they are going for different things, and that I will get 2 unique experiences out of them both.
---
last $$: Breath of Fire (gba), Zelda OOT 3D, Class of Heroes
Playing: Breath of Fire (gba), Zelda OOT 3D