N3DS Firmware Update/Version Question

#1plagamesforevaPosted 7/17/2011 8:09:06 AM
So far, we have had about two updates and some minor ones (I think), but my question is, do the N3DS that are being shipped to stores and the ones that the stores stil have in stock, have the original firmware version or are the N3DS systems being uodated by Nintendo each time they are shipped?

The original version of the N3DS firmware/version has two buttons displayed whenever you press and hold the Power button; The buttons are SLEEP MODE and POWER OFF, but now, if you updated your N3DS to the latest firmware update, it only has the POWER OFF button as an option.

Just curious as to if I purchase a N3DS NOW at a store, will it have the original firmware as when it first came out in the US on March 19, 2011 or will I get a copy of the the N3DS from a store with the latest firmware update?
---
CAPCOM needs to make a 3rd Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the N3DS!
#2Microfox1Posted 7/17/2011 8:50:51 AM
Not sure, but I do have to wonder, why does it matter?
---
i saw a guy eating a big mac today, SIGN OF AN MGS4 360 PORT!?!? - headwounds13
#3paradoxworldPosted 7/17/2011 12:13:50 PM
He might not have wifi in his home to update it. The 3DS at the store are still using a stock firmware. I bought mine 2 weeks ago, and it had the original firmware.

They will only update the firmware of shipped units when either more time has passed, or someone finds an exploit to run 3DS homebrew/pirated games in any version of the firmware released. Assuming the latter case, they will release an update, and start shipping units with that update. Also they will require their first party titles to need the update to play (which will be included on the game cart)
---
Roses are red. Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, poem write you.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#4wvnative03Posted 7/17/2011 2:51:25 PM
Dunno, my 3DS was bought one week ago and it had original firmware on it. And I figured nintendo would have time to ship updated systems by now so it looks like they just aren't gonna do it, though like the above guy said, they probably will if someone finds an exploit or they release a new model (3DS lite for example)
---
Proud owner of a launch 60gb PS3 that is still ALIVE and doing...decent.
#5Nin3DSFanPosted 7/17/2011 3:12:14 PM
So far there have been a total of 4 firmware versions for the 3DS -- the initial version (1.0.0-0), and the 3 updates, which updated to 1.1.0-1, 2.0.0-2, and 2.1.0-3 respectively. I'm guessing the 1 2 and 3 part after the dash means the update number, e.g. 2.1.0-3 means "version 2.1.0" and it's the "3rd version/update"?
#6plagamesforeva(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2011 6:27:39 PM
Cool - thankd for responding. I ask because I do not like the current firware updates and since the current crop of games do not depend on the updates that are out now, I'd prefer the original update.

There have been issues outside of the Ridge Racer glitch where people, such as my friends, have problems.
---
CAPCOM needs to make a 3rd Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the N3DS!
#7andodelPosted 7/17/2011 7:20:04 PM
plagamesforeva posted...
Cool - thankd for responding. I ask because I do not like the current firware updates and since the current crop of games do not depend on the updates that are out now, I'd prefer the original update.

There have been issues outside of the Ridge Racer glitch where people, such as my friends, have problems.

What problems are these? I haven't had any issues since I updated.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#8RahzarXPosted 7/17/2011 7:50:27 PM
The updates don't make a difference. There is a patch for the pirated firmware up before the GM patch is even released.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9plagamesforeva(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 7:19:26 PM
^
What?!?
---
#10Nin3DSFanPosted 7/21/2011 1:42:29 AM
RahzarX posted...
The updates don't make a difference. There is a patch for the pirated firmware up before the GM patch is even released.

Please inform those who are abbreviation-illiterate, what "GM" stands for.