A couple of questions before buying

#1Aurion_LloydPosted 7/17/2011 11:19:05 AM
I have the money NOW to buy a 3DS, and I'm really willing to. But there are a few questions I'd like to know before buying

I don't have any type of DS. Do you think is better a DSI or a 3DS? will good games for the later come out soon?

Should I wait until they launch a more advanced model? is it going to come out anytime soon?

Thanks in advance
---
I really want to know why I keep getting captured and getting thrown into jail all the time!- Lloyd, Tales of Symphonia.
#2hypermoePosted 7/17/2011 11:22:02 AM
I'd say get a 3ds. yes game will be coming out sooner or later, so its all a matter of waiting. Considering that you havent had a ds before why not just geta 3ds, a couple ds games and when 3ds games you like come out you can buy those.

It beats getting a dsi now, seeing a 3ds game you might want to get then having to buy 3ds just to play that. just buy a 3ds since it can play ds and 3ds games and there you go.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9893-0504
#3SShredder565Posted 7/17/2011 11:29:34 AM
3DS has backwards compatibility with DSi games and you are also able to buy DSiWare on your 3DS, so there's no point in getting a DSi now. You would just end up buying a 3DS later when a lot of 3DS games start coming out. The main question should be if a 3DS is worth buying right now.

Since you've never owned any DS system before, the current 3DS game drought shouldn't affect you, because you have loads of awesome DS games to enjoy :) And by the time you've played some of them plus Ocarina of Time 3D, a bunch of awesome 3DS game will be coming out Holiday season and early next year. So I'd say it's worth it, but do some more research, too.
#4Aurion_Lloyd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2011 12:00:01 PM
Thanks! now I'll DEFINETELY get one

another question: Should I get the Power Pak+ or the Portable Power Battery Pack for Nintendo 3DS by CTA Digital? I've heard that is has a ridiculously low battery time
---
I really want to know why I keep getting captured and getting thrown into jail all the time!- Lloyd, Tales of Symphonia.
#5Finale_WandererPosted 7/17/2011 1:28:17 PM
They do have low battery life but with the 3D, I don't like to play it too long anyway maybe like two hours at the most in one sit down! It can stay on sleep mode (actually it's advised as it boots up very slowly.) It helps me realize when I'm playing too often and hit the books.
---
Waiting for more info on: LoZ: Skyward Sword, 3DS games, Dragon Quest X, and Wii U