Thinking of getting a 3ds, but...

#1194067Posted 7/18/2011 6:47:07 AM
It also helps a little in Super Mario Bros. 3D. Some footage showed the player trying to hit a block with 3D off and he kept missing. Only after he turned the 3D on did he realize where, exactly, the block was.
---
27 games reviewed to date; latest review: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC), Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
http://backloggery.com/94067
#12pikachupwnagePosted 7/18/2011 6:52:22 AM
Flight13 posted...
I've been thinking. What does the 3d aspect bring to the table in terms of gameplay mechanics? I mean sure it looks great, but I already own a ds and I don't want to purchase something that is identical to the ds except with better graphics and 3d.

So how does 3d come into play?

you need to see it yourself.(don't use one of those demo stations poeple mangle those so bad its ridiculous)

also as a circle pad alowwing for better control for games. home menu and eshop is a very good system. gyroscope and accelormeter are used well in OOT3D and face raiders and other games. lots of exclusices coming out later this year. BUY IT. you won't reret it.
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#13trenkenPosted 7/18/2011 6:59:53 AM
Its too early to answer this right now I think. In all the games Ive played it doesnt add anything to the actual gameplay, it just looks cool.

Nintendo kept saying it helps judge depth better, and there really is no better way to test this out than with Pilotwings, and it really didnt help me much. You can see how far away things are with 3D on, but it didnt actually HELP me at all. I just didnt need it. You line up with a ring for example, and you're going to hit that ring either way.

We just havent seen anyone really use to make the gameplay itself better. That doesnt mean its not possible though. Someone is bound to figure out some clever way to use it at some point.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#14DeathSoul2000Posted 7/18/2011 7:04:33 AM
so far on the 3ds i havent seen any games where 3d actually changes the gameplay apart from making the games look cooler. i remember 1 game on the mac years ago, it required 3d glasses, you controlled a diamond hovering in mid air in an enclosed space and you had to use the 3d to guide it through spaces in the walls and past obstacles. it was really fun and i kinda hoped we would eventually see a game that uses 3d like that
---
"i will be as faithful to you as any dog - and come when you whistle."
#15darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/18/2011 7:09:47 AM
Sense of depth. I can really tell the difference when I'm trying to judge something from the character's distance to an object/area. It makes playing "easier". What I mean by that is judgment. It allows for quicker and more accurate actions to be made.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793