is starfox 3d gonna be just another remake like oot?

#1JPSVRPosted 7/18/2011 12:37:29 AM
I've never played the original starfox, but I know from playing the new oot that the remakes of the old games just aren't up to scratch compared to modern games even with the graphics improvements and are best kept on the 64... Unless there's actual added content like the mario 64 ds

So is this game just another port with graphics improvements? I really hope not...
---
FC : 1248 9698 5381
#2AP3BrainPosted 7/18/2011 12:46:54 AM(edited)
It will have even less than the OOT remake judging by videos of the "new features". They are just adding gyroscopic controls and updating graphics MINIMALLY. They are also doing something with multiplayer and the camera but it doesn't matter since the game won't be online.

But I dunno. I disagree sort of. I find old games still very fun. It is however very disappointing how little work they are putting into these "remakes". I'd just much rather have them port the games how they are at a cheaper price.
#3Iced_ShadowsPosted 7/18/2011 12:45:57 AM
As far as I know, it is just like OoT. Remastered, not remade.

However, from the videos I have watched, the multi-player looks quite a bit better. In any case, Star Fox 64 is still a great game to this day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. The gameplay is great if you enjoy arcade rail shooters.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#4lambchipsPosted 7/18/2011 12:46:44 AM(edited)
maybe this is why they are porting ps2 games (they dont want to wait too long, before the mechanics go out of date)

also OoT doesnt feel dated at all imo
the only thing that feels dated in OoT is the horse controls
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#5Iced_ShadowsPosted 7/18/2011 12:52:23 AM
Personally I feel like OoT is more dated than Star Fox 64 gameplay-wise. OoT is still a far better game overall, but Star Fox definitely wins with replay value for me. I could play Star Fox 64 over and over again without getting bored, and that is saying something for me.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#6JPSVR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 1:06:44 AM
AP3Brain posted...
It will have even less than the OOT remake judging by videos of the "new features". They are just adding gyroscopic controls and updating graphics MINIMALLY. They are also doing something with multiplayer and the camera but it doesn't matter since the game won't be online.

But I dunno. I disagree sort of. I find old games still very fun. It is however very disappointing how little work they are putting into these "remakes". I'd just much rather have them port the games how they are at a cheaper price.

Wow, proof that nintendo really is getting lazy... I can't believe they didn't even put online on it ATLEAST.
---
FC : 1248 9698 5381
#7Iced_ShadowsPosted 7/18/2011 1:09:51 AM
JPSVR posted...
Wow, proof that nintendo really is getting lazy... I can't believe they didn't even put online on it ATLEAST.

I wouldn't necessarily blame it on laziness, but I do agree it really should have been online. My only guess is that they felt giving the game an online feature would somehow take away from the nostalgia. Which is bull.
---
Shadow Temple...
#8VyersPosted 7/18/2011 1:39:10 AM
The only N64 3DS versions that I want to see are Majora's Mask, Wave Race, and Pokémon Snap. Maybe if the latter two succeed, it will bring their series back.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#9parKb5Posted 7/18/2011 1:49:32 AM
To be perfectly honest, I think porting ANY game is laziness.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#10Baha05Posted 7/18/2011 1:55:11 AM
Yeah but for practicality porting is a good idea