is starfox 3d gonna be just another remake like oot?

#31tremain07Posted 7/19/2011 5:52:21 AM
Super Mario 64 DS, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS, Star Fox 64 3DS

these three games were the most popular of the N64 and im really glad i get to play them on the go now.

too bad there was nothing of this caliber on the gamecube and wii
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/wiptuu.jpg
#32TLozFTWPosted 7/19/2011 6:00:45 AM
To me, any hope Nintendo had of maintaining nostalgia was ruined when they decided to change the voices.
#33MattperdPosted 7/19/2011 7:03:51 AM
scrahfy posted...
porting ps 2 games? the hell are talkin about? lol

Tales of the Abyss.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#34meiyukiPosted 7/19/2011 7:24:12 AM
The problem people are having with these ports is that they arn't putting in the work of a new game. A port is an already made game, a lot of the work is already done. Anytihng in a port/remake that isn't new content(ie graphical improvements, sound improvements, frame rate etc) has to be done in every new game as well, plus they still have to make the whole game.

The people doing a port are clearly doing a LOT LOT less work and yet expect the same price as a new game. In a world of digital distribution ports have a lot less value than when you needed a physical cartridge to play a game. So when they can't be bothered to put real effort into the game and add some content, or online multiplayer COME ON, you don't like spending full price for a game.

Also consider that even though starfox 64 has aged decently, the 3 rail levels in assault show how much better it could get using the newer technology available. So it's aged decently but it's still a 14 year old game.

They could have done a mario 64 and added a lot to it, they could have sold it for $30(mario 64 was $30) but they want full price when all they really did was improve the graphics. That doesn't fly with a lot of people.
#35LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 7/19/2011 7:30:17 AM
scrahfy posted...
lambchips posted...
maybe this is why they are porting ps2 games (they dont want to wait too long, before the mechanics go out of date)

also OoT doesnt feel dated at all imo
the only thing that feels dated in OoT is the horse controls

porting ps 2 games? the hell are talkin about? lol

MGS 3D and Tales of the Abyss most likely. Doesn't matter since they are both great games.

I don't really mind if this has no online since I didn't really like playing StarFox 64 multiplayer or the online for Star Fox DS. Perhaps it's just hard to make a proper multiplayer for an on-rails game.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
PRIMARY RULE: GOD HAND > YOU
#36JPSVR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 3:03:06 AM
meiyuki posted...

They could have done a mario 64 and added a lot to it, they could have sold it for $30(mario 64 was $30) but they want full price when all they really did was improve the graphics. That doesn't fly with a lot of people.

The difference is they didn't "just improve the graphics" on mario, they added 3 new characters, the option to find all those rabbits leading to awesome minigames you could play for hours plus new scenes + the graphics... That was hands down the best port ever, worth the money... Starfox won't be, as oot wasn't either
---
FC : 1248 9698 5381