Need a lengthy game for a 6 hour drive

#1KnetamightPosted 7/18/2011 9:09:06 AM
My friends and I are driving up to Vegas from Southern California and I need something to play when I'm not driving. Looking for recommendations, either 3DS or DS. Here's what I'm looking at:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS) - I never played any other GS games, would that make a difference?

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - I played Phantom Hourglass and loved it, I'm actually surprised I never bought this.

Any of the Dragon Quest games - not sure which one to get, I've also never played any of these.

I have Pokémon White and HeartGold so no need to suggest those. Anything else? It could be something that's not RPG/Adventure, just needs to last me around 10-15 hours.
---
bossbattles.org - Boss Battles: Gaming for a greater cause
#2shayminguy7Posted 7/18/2011 9:14:27 AM
Your 3DS won't last 6 hours. Bring a DS as backup.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4083 - 1284 - 9273
Pokemon Black Pokedex: Seen: 581 Caught: 546
#3SpiderCVIIIPosted 7/18/2011 9:17:05 AM
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - There's continuity in this series, and this is the third installment, so you may be lost a bit, but the game has an in-game encyclopedia of sorts that gets you up to speed.

Dragon Quest IV, V, or VI - All three of these are great games in the DQ series. There's no continuity between the three so you won't be lost in the story. IV and V are pretty hard to find, so I'd recommend VI, which is arguably the best of the three.

Either of these games will grant you 10+ hours of gameplay, no sweat.
---
Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Play as if you were to die tomorrow.
#4enigmaopoeiaPosted 7/18/2011 9:47:31 AM
Your 3DS won't last 6 hours. Bring a DS as backup.

A car charger will solve that.
---
http://backloggery.com/enigmaopoeia
#5lambchipsPosted 7/18/2011 10:01:59 AM(edited)
here are some good games i enjoyed while on my 12 hour flights
- hotel dusk room 215 and last window (LW is the sequel)
- phoenix wright 1-3 (best played in order)
- ghost trick
- lux pain
- broken sword (its freeware on the PC, but the ds port isnt too bad)

basically any visual novel (because they are novels) i can never get myself to play any other genres when im sitting in one spot for more than 2 hours
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#6gunstarzPosted 7/18/2011 10:07:53 AM(edited)
I'd go for Pokemon. As it's a DS game, you're going to get longer battery life. It's also awesome although to be fair I haven't touched my copy since OoT came out, I need to get back into it.

Edit: sorry, I misread the bottom part, long day. Go for Golden Sun, they're a great series of games.

---
Currently Playing OoT 3D
#7johnboy81918Posted 7/18/2011 10:35:19 AM
If you want a DQ game, I'd recommend DQIX. It'll last you far beyond your planned trip, I'm currently over 200 hours and going strong (about 50 hours or so to beat the main story, plus ridiculous amounts of post-game content).
---
Pwning n00bz the world over.
Wi-Fi info in quote
#8OximofoPosted 7/18/2011 10:37:53 AM
Final Fantasy 4 is great too.

Also the 3ds was lasting like 7 hours playing DS games.
---
Legendary Loser GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
http://i53.tinypic.com/2969fq.jpg
#9pikachupwnagePosted 7/18/2011 11:43:29 AM
links awakening
mario and luigi bowsers inside story
super mario 64 ds

all the ones listed in your first post are good 2
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#10Knetamight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 11:59:53 AM
Decided to go with Golden Sun, it was only $20 new. Thanks for the help guys. :)
---
bossbattles.org - Boss Battles: Gaming for a greater cause