Could Nintendo pull off Zelda 2 as a 3D Classic?

#1Adrian2040Posted 7/18/2011 9:34:38 AM
They said they had errors with stuff like collision due to adding 3D. However, Zelda 2 was mostly sidescrolling 2D (Only the overworld map allowed you to go up and down).

This makes me think it would be easier to make Zelda 2 a sa 3D Classic over the 1st one.

Discuss.
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715
#2Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 7/18/2011 9:49:51 AM
They would have to put some actual effort into it, so I'm afraid it's not going to happen. Selling ancient GB roms für 6 bucks is so much more convenient after all.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#3Adrian2040(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 9:55:11 AM
It's true that Zelda 2 is a big game that would require a lot more effort. (Though this game was for the NES, so it impossible to release it as a GB game like you implied.)
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715
#4noutBrPosted 7/18/2011 10:00:19 AM
It's true that Zelda 2 is a big game that would require a lot more effort. (Though this game was for the NES, so it impossible to release it as a GB game like you implied.)

TC said 3D Classics not VC. 3D Classics can be anything, Excite Bike was for NES and that got a 3D Classics release remember?
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#5Starwars4JPosted 7/18/2011 10:08:26 AM
sigistauffen posted...
They would have to put some actual effort into it, so I'm afraid it's not going to happen. Selling ancient GB roms für 6 bucks is so much more convenient after all.

Your post makes no sense, as it's the 3D classics that have that price point, not straight ports that "require no effort". Failed potshot.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6sonicfreak0221Posted 7/18/2011 10:13:14 AM
I would rather them make a full remake of Zelda 2, so they can refine the game elements and make it better overall.
---
I like men. - Crashman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzjVnH9YoY
#7toma13Posted 7/18/2011 10:19:48 AM
Starwars4J posted...
sigistauffen posted...

Your post makes no sense, as it's the 3D classics that have that price point, not straight ports that "require no effort". Failed potshot.

To be fair, Link's Awakening is $6... but it's also easily worth it.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#8Starwars4JPosted 7/18/2011 10:23:47 AM
toma13 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
sigistauffen posted...

To be fair, Link's Awakening is $6... but it's also easily worth it.

Is it? Well still that's a GBC rom, not GB as he mentioned.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 7/18/2011 12:07:32 PM
And it's still not worth it. It's an old ass game that has made its money back many times over, and now it's running on an emulator. Any other company would just release a compilation with 20 games for 20 or 30 bucks. Sega asking 5 bucks for Genesis roms on PSN is already pushing it in my opinion, but asking similar amounts of cash for old 8 bit titles is borderline robbery.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#10panama_chiefPosted 7/18/2011 12:18:12 PM
Nice 3d effects on Zelda wOuld be great. Like the poster said above, it was mainly a sidescroller. It would probably look great. Question is will it happen and if it does how soon can we have it?

We already know how much work is put into a 3D release. Its far from throwing a rom in an emulator and the price reflects that.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!