Is it me or is the 3DS a lot dimmer than the DSi?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it me or is the 3DS a lot dimmer than the DSi?
5 years ago#1
I don't know if anyone noticed, but my 3DS seems a lot dimmer on the highest setting compared to the 3DS. Even with the 3D off, it seems noticeably dimmer which makes my eyes water a little.

I tested both of my smartphones, my laptop, and an iPod and it's definitely not my eyes.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
http://images.wikia.com/wwe/images/0/08/Sheamus-wwe-9432231-1280-1024-1-.jpg
5 years ago#2
Put them both side to side, not plugged in. Highest brightness and no power save. DSi seems whiter, but same brightness. 3DS background is a light shade of gray so it's kinda hard to test white to whiteness of the systems.

Picture test: took similar photos. dSi is Indeed brighter. Camera even took a nicer photo.
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
5 years ago#3
Never owned a DSi, but it is WAY dimmer than my glorious DS Lite and its ultra bright screens. But it's for obvious reasons, 3D and that brightness would kill the battery even faster.
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
5 years ago#4
That's not a nice way to put it. You should call it mentally challenged.
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."-Vyse the Legend
PSN - MizuhoChan 3DS - 3523 2022 4853
5 years ago#5
I think the 3DS and the DS Lite both look brighter than the DSi. Maye it depends on the system (possibly for all three of those).
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't do or teach become politicians.
3DS: 1203-9227-6105 (GastonR)
5 years ago#6
Like movies in the theater in 3D, the 3DS is also quite dark in 3D.

I am glad I kept my Lite, for various reasons.

"Batman to all points, I could use some air support. Because I can't fly. At all. Now would be good."
http://www.backloggery.com/TheGoddamn
5 years ago#7
My Ds Lite seems brighter to me. The screen is whiter and more brilliant.
My 3ds had a 'cinema' effect to it. It wasnt bad per se, but it didnt strike me as bright.
"In the land of the one-eyed, the TWO eyed man is king."
Maximus Padicus
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is it me or is the 3DS a lot dimmer than the DSi?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived