Metroidvania 3d 2.5 sidescroller inevitable?

#1oH_HydraPosted 7/18/2011 12:31:19 PM
Just finished cv ooa and love the way those games play.

Are the other 2 ds cv's also that good and lengthy?

How long till we get a new cv?
#2sonicfreak0221Posted 7/18/2011 12:54:31 PM
the other 2 castlevanias are more open in the level design, but also easier.
---
I like men. - Crashman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzjVnH9YoY
#3VampiricDragon_Posted 7/18/2011 12:54:33 PM
yes they are that good

And it is only a matter of time
---
Games to look forward to: Nora and the Engraving Studio, super robot wars OG 2, SMT devil survivor 2, Grand knight history, 7th dragon 2020,paper mario 3ds
#4oH_Hydra(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 6:05:38 PM
So I played order of acclesia and thought it was good, I've only played symphony of the night on ps1 and circle of the moon on gba and I like these games waaaaay better then the old level based cv games and a lot better then the beat em up 3d ones!

With that being said I'd like to buy portraint of ruin and dawn of sorrow but I wanted to know if they were short games or just as long or longer then ooa?

I beat ooa but didn't rescue all the villagers, so I did and found dracs castle, now I'm going to through this castle and its the largests section in the game! It might be bigger then all the other areas combined lol.

Anyway I love metriodvania ! And want more!

With the 3ds effects it would look great for a 3d 2.5d sidescroller with the powers and all, idk I'm hoping they don't do a 3d ala lords of shadow type game! That's not castlevania its a god of war clone! Which is wack!
#5nintendo3000Posted 7/18/2011 6:08:31 PM
I so want a Metroidvaina
---
Okamiden magnets... HOW DO THEY WORK?!
#6strongo9Posted 7/18/2011 6:10:52 PM
You make it seem like you want to discuss Metroidvania style games with the topic title, yet you solely discuss Castlevania in your post? WTF?

I do think that we'll be seeing more 2.5D sidescrollers this time around. Despite them not being fitting games for 3D, developers will integrate it into the games to make them more appealing.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#7panama_chiefPosted 7/18/2011 6:26:28 PM
2d metroid, probably not.
Castlevania, more likely.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#8oH_Hydra(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 6:26:36 PM
Metroidvania is the prg style castlevania so...

Obviously I'm gonna talk about that

When you just say castlevania you think of draculas castle and a whip!

When you hear metroidvania you automatically think the newer cv games that have the leveling system and some powers and an open castle to expore and level up as your leisure.
#9CorruptedRPGPosted 7/18/2011 6:27:21 PM
Of course a new 'Metroidvania' is inevitable. I just hope Konami doesn't get lazy and decides to port Castlevania: Harmony of Despair for $40 instead of making a brand new title.
---
C. Playing:
#10Mister_BiggiePosted 7/18/2011 6:36:06 PM
Cave Story 3d is gonna be awesome. You can play it for free on the pc. Very underrated game. Though they are gonna update the graphics for the 3ds, but I honestly though the current graphics was part of the charm.
---
3DS: 3222 5688 7031
Steam: Ronsonols