Metroidvania 3d 2.5 sidescroller inevitable?

#11strongo9Posted 7/18/2011 8:06:00 PM
When you hear metroidvania you automatically think the newer cv games that have the leveling system and some powers and an open castle to expore and level up as your leisure.

No, the original Castlevania games were part of the metroidvania genre. Castlevania can be seen as the father of it while Metroid is the mother of it.

Metroidvania = 2D action adventure platformer

Know what you're talking about.

I for one cannot wait for a new 2D Metroid game for the 3DS. I really want Metroid 5, a Fusion sequel. I also can't wait for Shantae 3.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#12sonicfreak0221Posted 7/18/2011 10:40:38 PM
No, Metroidvania is an open world 2D action adventure platformer a la Super Metroid and Castlevania SotN. Classicvanias (besides II) have nothing to do with Metroidvanias.
---
I like men. - Crashman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzjVnH9YoY
#13nintendo3000Posted 7/18/2011 10:47:48 PM
strongo9 posted...
When you hear metroidvania you automatically think the newer cv games that have the leveling system and some powers and an open castle to expore and level up as your leisure.

No, the original Castlevania games were part of the metroidvania genre. Castlevania can be seen as the father of it while Metroid is the mother of it.

Metroidvania = 2D action adventure platformer

Know what you're talking about.

I for one cannot wait for a new 2D Metroid game for the 3DS. I really want Metroid 5, a Fusion sequel. I also can't wait for Shantae 3.

lol no the original Castlevania games were linear side scrollers while Metroidvanias were Metroid, Castlevania, and rpg stuff mixed together.
---
Okamiden magnets... HOW DO THEY WORK?!