3DS games vs DS games (trade in)

#11ethsfan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2011 5:43:43 PM
toma13 posted...
ethsfan posted...
that's lame >.> why do they hold a stronger TIV?

Trade in value is based entirely upon demand. Pokemon is in demand more than Rayman or DOA. It's also a fairly recent release. Not exactly sure why this is surprising.

i understand that but ive got trade in value of .50-$1 for some games that were still selling for $10-$20 and THAT doesn't make any sense to me. i just feel the trade in system isnt regulated
#12OoSubaruoOPosted 7/18/2011 6:02:20 PM(edited)
Kitt Thrust posted...
that's lame >.> why do they hold a stronger TIV?
because it's Nintendo. Nintendo rarely drop prices on their games at retail so the trade value stays high ( particularly Mario and Pokemon titles ).

There was a point where Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green were trading for $23 during the DS's lifetime and they were selling used for $39.99. Leaf Green and Fire Red still sell for $29.99 pre-owned at Gamestop nearly 7 years later.

Gamestop says hi to some of the Nintendo games. DKR was 30$ a few months ago there, now it has a 15$ TiV. And, what's even worse is, a new copy is still being sold for 49.99.
#13Crazyguy4005Posted 7/18/2011 6:37:26 PM
thats why you don't trade in games to gamestop unless its a last resort. i was able to get lucky and sell some crappy ps2 games for $30....and i only paid ~$20 for each. gamestop would only give me like ~$5 per game.

this isn't even something new....do people just don't care that they can get more money elsewhere? any trade in program from any store is going to suck for the majority of games
---
3DS FC: 1418 - 6712 - 5855 : Crazy0taku
PSN: gistarune
#14lipnox88Posted 7/18/2011 6:53:58 PM
I recently traded in some stuff for resident evil mercs and I got Pilot wings - $13, Nintendogs + cats - $14, Pokemon Pearl - $6.50. So I would imagine 3DS games aren't selling hugely well at full price and Most of those titles will likely be $20 used by the end of the year. Pokemon pearl obviously is still selling well enough that they can get $20 easily on the used game copies. These TIVs are from eb games(gamestop) in canada.
---
PSN: Lipnox Games: KZ3, UC2, LPB2, RDR, Re5, Sega Racing, Dungeon Hunter, Warhawk, Modern combat, Fat princess. Upcoming: Duke Nukem, UC3Beta. Feel free to add
#15strongo9Posted 7/18/2011 6:58:51 PM
It's heavily based on demand, rarity, and how good the game is. Rayman 3D was a bad port that not many people really want. Therefore you're offered crap for it.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#16OoSubaruoOPosted 7/18/2011 7:50:23 PM
Crazyguy4005 posted...
thats why you don't trade in games to gamestop unless its a last resort. i was able to get lucky and sell some crappy ps2 games for $30....and i only paid ~$20 for each. gamestop would only give me like ~$5 per game.

this isn't even something new....do people just don't care that they can get more money elsewhere? any trade in program from any store is going to suck for the majority of games

Actually, game deals are usually better than trying to sell off a game on eBay, which takes forever most of the time.
#17SoaringDivePosted 7/18/2011 8:48:18 PM
ethsfan posted...
still it's last gen.
kinda ruins the idea of trading in 3DS game or 2 for another one when the value is poop.

Pokemon will also be worth more trade-in value than Vita games. Except for a couple ones.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.