Anyone else hope the Pokemon 3DS game uses the same graphics as the Pokedex app?

#31megamanx1291Posted 7/18/2011 10:36:58 PM
Would be pretty damn cool.
#32LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 7/18/2011 10:38:28 PM
Bearpowers posted...
LuffypwnsNaruto posted...
I would prefer beautiful hand drawn sprites like the stuff you see in Dragon Crown, Odin Sphere, and Muramasa.

Unfortunately with a resolution of 400 x 240 you cannot have that.

A man can dream... Can't he?
---
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
PRIMARY RULE: GOD HAND > YOU
#33CrazyhaxPosted 7/19/2011 9:45:22 AM(edited)

So you admit that 3D works for MANY games that were 2D before?

Um, yeah? It's not like I believe every single franchise should have stayed 2D, just Pokemon.

As long as the developers are competent enough then a 3D Pokemon could be amazing.

Sure, a 3D pokemon could be decent. Just not with the turned-based strategy used in the main games. Save the 3D for the real-time stuff like Rumble Blast, where 3D models are supposed to be used. What you should be clamoring for is a different formula for a pokemon game that works well with 3D and is just as fun to play, not trying to force a mixture between two aspects that don't mix well at all.

Like I said, 2D and 3D should coexist in the gaming industry, but that isn't the case anymore. The painting/sculpture analogy works great, you're just failing to realize that the gaming industry doesn't truly appreciate 2D anymore like the art industry continues to appreciate both paintings and sculptures equally. 3D is quickly killing away 2D gaming as we know it, Nintendo and strategy game developers are the few companies left that even bother with 2D games anymore, which is just sad. And with both the 3DS and Vita coming out, it's only going to get worse unfortunately. Developers are going to be pressured by the industry to utilize the power of these consoles in every single release, which is just ridiculous. Exactly how corrupt has the industry become to prioritize utilizing power over making quality games?

GF and the Pokemon Company are doing the right thing by offering both styles of games, the 3D games even give you the option to use your main games to battle in 3D.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#34VampiricDragon_Posted 7/19/2011 9:43:40 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/19/catch-pokemon-rumble-blast-in-america-this-october/

The water color work in this is nice
---
Games to look forward to: Nora and the Engraving Studio, super robot wars OG 2, SMT devil survivor 2, Grand knight history, 7th dragon 2020,paper mario 3ds