So how many games have been canceled for the 3ds?

#41lizard81288(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 1:14:25 PM
bump
---
I hate people in general.
#42exchrystalswordPosted 7/19/2011 1:16:03 PM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Saints Row: Drive By
Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
Megaman Legends 3

Keep in mind that is 3 well known series dropping in 4 months. Pretty close to a drop of support per month. Not looking good for the 3DS
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3868-7402-0278
#43McMarblesPosted 7/19/2011 1:45:17 PM
Wasn't SR:DB cancelled for MULTIPLE systems?

Of course, that little fact doesn't fit the "Nintendo is doooooooomed!" agenda...
---
Currently playing: FFVIII
#44CorruptedRPGPosted 7/19/2011 1:51:01 PM
McMarbles | Posted 7/19/2011 4:45:17 PM | message detail | quote
Wasn't SR:DB cancelled for MULTIPLE systems?

.......Saints Row: Drive By was 3DS exclusive. The other title is Saints Row: The 3rd which isn't cancelled
---
C. Playing:
#45vgfanboyPosted 7/19/2011 2:03:45 PM
Saints Row: Drive By was for 3DS, PSN, and XBL.
#46OmegaZero633Posted 7/19/2011 2:04:40 PM
Four.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#47SShredder565Posted 7/19/2011 2:13:13 PM
Garlandjr posted...
SShredder565 posted...
Garlandjr posted...
CorruptedRPG posted...
Saints Row: Drive By
Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy
Megaman Legends 3

Yikes. The future of 3rd party support is starting to look grim for the 3DS. Nintendo needs to find some way to pull in more 3DS sales & to make the userbase larger, or even more 3rd developers will cancel their projects for it.

Because 3 games were canceled? Nah. I imagine that the system as a whole will start picking up finally when Nintendo releases new first party titles around the holiday season. While the MML3 cancelation is the biggest hit so far, I wouldn't start calling things grim unless it the 3DS still hasn't picked up steam after the holidays and the release of new first party games.

It's more than just those three games; Bomberman 3D, Omega Five, Bonk, MyGarden, & DJ Hero 3D got cancelled as well, while Crush 3D, Cave Story 3D, & Kid Icarus got delayed.

Bomberman 3D, Omega Five, and Bonk were canceled not because of the 3DS in any way, but because Hudson was bought out and nearly all of their projects were canceled. DJ Hero 3D got canceled because Activision canceled Guitar Hero and DJ Hero as a whole. Console versions and everything. Cave Story 3D was delayed, but not delayed past the holidays meaning it has nothing to do with the 3DS's small userbase considering it won't increase much before the holidays. Kid Icarus, as far as the rumor goes, is only being delayed in Europe. http://nintendoeverything.com/69532/

The only things that might have to do with the 3DS not doing so hot would be:
Crush3D's delay
MML cancelation (although no one knows why this was canned)
Assassin's Creed
Saint Row

Although, whether it has to do with devs backing off on the 3DS or not, the delays and stuff do still hurt. :/
#48strongo9Posted 7/19/2011 2:26:14 PM
^This. To add to what you're saying a lot of ideas planned for Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy were implemented into Assassin's Creed Rebelations instead, so it was canceled. That doesn't have anything to do with the 3DS. The Megaman series hasn't been getting much love from Capcom in the last few years anyway. Megaman Legends 3 getting canceled doesn't have anything to do with the 3DS.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#49SaraAB87Posted 7/19/2011 3:29:54 PM
This is exactly why I don't buy systems until all the good games, or at least the games I want to play, are already out.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87