capcom is still a wonderful company

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 7/19/2011 12:58:30 AM
Despite the issues with the things they do for gamers by cancelling games, etc. They still bring wonderful games. Look at super street fighter 4 and resident evil mercenaries. They both are good games and capcom is just another company. Trying to bring good games.
#2kukinginaPosted 7/19/2011 1:01:32 AM
Well people (americans in particular) tend to complain and "boycott" about everything so get used to it.

you should see the backlash capcom got when the new "DMC" was announced
---
3DS FC: 4940-5506-2047
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WRPEhMjQDw
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:03:48 AM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
Despite the issues with the things they do for gamers by cancelling games, etc. They still bring wonderful games. Look at super street fighter 4 and resident evil mercenaries. They both are good games and capcom is just another company. Trying to bring good games.

Although true, putting primary focus on RE [which has been obvious for a while] and fighting games [in paticular SF] isn't new, however what is new is the change and actions they've taken on and of Megaman series which is hard not to be critical about. It'd be like Nintendo stiffing GF and Pokemon over.
---
I'm going to grape you!
#4AP3BrainPosted 7/19/2011 1:33:23 AM
RE: Mercenaries is pretty overpriced for what it is and overall pretty shallow judging from what I have played.... Street Fighter 4 is good but basically a direct port with lesser graphics.

Looking at recent games that are not on the 3DS.... RE5 was a terrible survival horror game but an average action arcade game which makes it kind of bad...
Bionic commando - average
dark void - bad
dead rising 2 - average (now they are basically rereleasing the game for more cashin)
lost planet - decent at the least... would say good.

Then they are bastardizing DmC by rebooting it for no real reason...

They are definitely not my favorite developer this gen... It seems all they can do well is fighting games like SF4 and MvC3. At least Dragon's Dogma looks like it could be decent.
#5FAT____MANPosted 7/19/2011 1:41:34 AM
AP3Brain posted...
RE: Mercenaries is pretty overpriced for what it is and overall pretty shallow judging from what I have played.... Street Fighter 4 is good but basically a direct port with lesser graphics.

Looking at recent games that are not on the 3DS.... RE5 was a terrible survival horror game but an average action arcade game which makes it kind of bad...
dark void - bad
dead rising 2 - average (now they are basically rereleasing the game for more cashin)

They are definitely not my favorite developer this gen... It seems all they can do well is fighting games like SF4 and MvC3. At least Dragon's Dogma looks like it could be decent.

You WISH they were rebooting DMC, its a prequel of the prequel.
---
Dr. Doom Thanos Juggernaut
All Day. Everyday.
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:43:05 AM
AP3Brain posted...

dark void - bad

Dead Rising 2 is not being "rereleased" people ******* about the lack of Frank so they made a further expanding story with new locations an area just as big if not slightly bigger, new tools, toys, and combonations and more.
---
I'm going to grape you!
#7AP3BrainPosted 7/19/2011 1:43:18 AM
Main character is almost completely different yet is the same person? Pretty sure it is a reboot...
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:45:11 AM
AP3Brain posted...
Main character is almost completely different yet is the same person? Pretty sure it is a reboot...

It's from when he was younger prior to DMC3.

That's why when he goes DT his hair turns white, they classified it originally as a reboot but have taken back that statement quite a few times especially in relation to what I just mentioned.

From what's been stated it's Dante before he had mastered his powers.
---
I'm going to grape you!
#9realzeldaPosted 7/19/2011 1:46:02 AM
you know we still might get mega man legends 3 but most probably on another console maybe the wii u
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:48:51 AM
realzelda posted...
you know we still might get mega man legends 3 but most probably on another console maybe the wii u

Very unlikely. MML series has never had "great" or even "good" sales figures. The execs saw this and aside from other motivational reasons from higher ups to cancel it, that was another factor added in. Producing a game then cancelling costs millions, it's doubtful that unless they recontinue the 3DS [then make a different version for main or primary systems] it'll be made at all.
---
I'm going to grape you!