Is it safe to say the 3rd Parties trolled Nintendo

#31ORANGE666Posted 7/19/2011 10:02:04 PM
KefkaMayDie posted...

Region locking has next to zero effect on sales of the system. 99% of the user base probably isn't even aware there are games not released in their region.

On the PSP you didn't even need to import. Just make a Japanese PSN account and buy games from Japan. Then you could share the game with 5 PSP's if you share the account. I wonder how much money that saves.
#32ecco6t9Posted 7/19/2011 10:11:04 PM
The 3rd parties have dropped the ball completely.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#337Days13NightsPosted 7/19/2011 10:21:28 PM
yes...they're trolling nintendo. they make more money on the other consoles because the other company first-party titles aren't as strong as nintendo's line-up. by the end of the year just one first party title is going to outsell any third party title.
---
3DS FC:1289-8222-1662
#34Grandy12Posted 7/19/2011 11:03:17 PM
It's safe, they can't hurt you here. Now can you point in the doll where the third party companies trolled Nintendo?
---
JUS: 4382-1831-2782
Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#35abort_missionPosted 7/20/2011 12:03:23 AM
KefkaMayDie posted...
Region locking has next to zero effect on sales of the system. 99% of the user base probably isn't even aware there are games not released in their region.

thats simply not true. the 3DS is a portable system. people travel. this is why the DS was region free.

also lots of people care about region lock systems. this is why the 360 and the PS3 ditched them and instead opted to allow game publishers to decide whether or not to lock their games. this is why very few games on those two systems are region locked. i myself have an imported copy of Demon's Souls, a game that wouldnt have made it stateside without the support of importers like myself. people even got really upset that the Wii had a region lock and sought ways to bypass it.

wake up. the world is interconnected. its globalization. regionlocks go against the very nature of our global community. the only reason they exist is to artificially inflate prices in certain regions.
---
"Valid in 49 states. Sorry Tennessee!"
#36Black_AssassinPosted 7/20/2011 1:47:09 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Not everyone imports, It's too expensive.

Importing games from North America is a lot cheaper if you live in Europe.

KefkaMayDie posted...

I'm guessing you live in USA?
---
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Blick+Winkle