Obviously, Capcom is testing us

#1VyersPosted 7/19/2011 1:33:47 AM
Mega Man Legends 3 isn't really cancelled. Capcom is simply announcing this to see whether people react enough to give a crap. They'll announce that they've reversed their decision, and then will see how well the Prototype sells.

Obviously, though, my TC is false; it's not obvious. It probably ain't even true. But just in case, I make this thread so that everyone can remember that I totally called it.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#2Starwars4JPosted 7/19/2011 1:35:20 AM
Your "TC is false"? I...do you even know what TC stands for? And if so...how are you justifying its use in that way?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:36:00 AM
Capcom has obviously hired Sakurai.

*wink* *wink*
---
I'm going to grape you!
#4Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 1:36:42 AM
Sorry, typo. Unsurprisingly, Starwars comes in without anything of value, just like his namesake for the past 30 years.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#5AP3BrainPosted 7/19/2011 1:39:41 AM
If you think its probably not true then you can't really call it when it happens now can you?
#6Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 1:40:57 AM
AP3Brain posted...
If you think its probably not true then you can't really call it when it happens now can you?

I say that because while it has obvious motives (and Capcom these days is scuzzy enough to dick around with their fans), it's also got "9/11 theorizing" written on it. It could easily just be a crazy fringe theory.
---
#7Starking777Posted 7/19/2011 1:42:16 AM
Vyers posted...
Mega Man Legends 3 isn't really cancelled. Capcom is simply announcing this to see whether people react enough to give a crap. They'll announce that they've reversed their decision, and then will see how well the Prototype sells.

Obviously, though, my TC is false; it's not obvious. It probably ain't even true. But just in case, I make this thread so that everyone can remember that I totally called it.

For all we know the game could have been a ploy to get people to buy the 3DS. Or it could be a publicity stunt to gain interest in the game. Games-Con or Comic-Con should give us the low down.
---
0:58.888 at Suzuka in the X2010 with only ABS at 1
PSN: Starking7
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:42:55 AM
This topic reminds me fondly of the time on Smash Bros Brawl forum where I claimed one night Sheik would be announced. [a joke saying the update was already there] but I still ended up moderated when Sheik was the update that night.

Such good times.
---
I'm going to grape you!
#9Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 1:43:56 AM
Honestly, I would be totally unsurprised if this was some viral marketing. How many times has Capcom threatened to not localize an Ace Attorney game if an earlier game in the series doesn't meet their expectations?
---
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/19/2011 1:45:12 AM
Vyers posted...
Honestly, I would be totally unsurprised if this was some viral marketing. How many times has Capcom threatened to not localize an Ace Attorney game if an earlier game in the series doesn't meet their expectations?

I hope this theory is correct in the OP. Sure many fans would be upset by being manipulated into thinking such a thing, but at the very least it'd be the lesser of the two evils.

[No game compared to the game we've waited years for]
---
I'm going to grape you!