Obviously, Capcom is testing us

#11Mario_BonesPosted 7/19/2011 3:13:10 AM
Vyers posted...
Honestly, I would be totally unsurprised if this was some viral marketing. How many times has Capcom threatened to not localize an Ace Attorney game if an earlier game in the series doesn't meet their expectations?

Um... none, as far as I'm aware?
---
Not changing this signature until an Ace Attorney character is playable in a Capcom Vs. Game. Started 22nd July 2010
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#12Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 4:57:58 AM
Mario_Bones posted...
Vyers posted...
Honestly, I would be totally unsurprised if this was some viral marketing. How many times has Capcom threatened to not localize an Ace Attorney game if an earlier game in the series doesn't meet their expectations?

Um... none, as far as I'm aware?

Closer to "every iteration".
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#13Taurus910Posted 7/19/2011 5:13:22 AM
Vyers posted...
Sorry, typo. Unsurprisingly, Starwars comes in without anything of value, just like his namesake for the past 30 years.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
#14Starwars4JPosted 7/19/2011 11:32:23 AM
Vyers posted...
Sorry, typo. Unsurprisingly, Starwars comes in without anything of value, just like his namesake for the past 30 years.

Pssht, type my ass, there's nothing that could be that would make sense there. And nothing of value in the last 30 years? I guess Return of the Jedi was horribly recei-oh wait. And a few months back before that, ESB? Nah, people don't like that either. And the videogames from the series that people have loved like TIE Fighter? Pure trash!

Seriously man, you gotta work on your comebacks a bit. And you have to stop being so bitter about being corrected. I contribute plenty, at least more than some conspiracy nonsense about "they're testing us!". I mean I can't even tell, but I'm hoping it's sarcasm?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#15Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 11:50:34 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Vyers posted...

Pssht, type my ass, there's nothing that could be that would make sense there. And nothing of value in the last 30 years? I guess Return of the Jedi was horribly recei-oh wait. And a few months back before that, ESB? Nah, people don't like that either. And the videogames from the series that people have loved like TIE Fighter? Pure trash!

Seriously man, you gotta work on your comebacks a bit. And you have to stop being so bitter about being corrected. I contribute plenty, at least more than some conspiracy nonsense about "they're testing us!". I mean I can't even tell, but I'm hoping it's sarcasm?

Are you still here? Run along before you're hurt yourself, and leave the conversation to the adults.

ESB wasn't 30 years ago, by the way. Get your facts straight before you lulzily try to correct other people.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#16ORANGE666Posted 7/19/2011 12:16:03 PM
Vyers posted...

Every company does this. If a game doesn't meet the developers sales expectations, it will effect future games and localizing.

If the previous Attorney games didn't meet Capcom's expectations, of course they will tell fans they aren't happy and won't make more games unless fans buy them. You expect them to just let the series die without letting people know? XSEED does this all the time
#17CorruptedRPGPosted 7/19/2011 12:27:11 PM
This is not a test. The game was never officially greenlit in the first place and the higher-up probably canned the game before the prolouge was "promised" to show up on the e-shop.
---
C. Playing: