first Okami, now Megaman

#1Big_IsaacPosted 7/19/2011 3:03:52 AM
damn, Capcom is stupid
first they run both Okami straight into the same wall with their pathetic marketing and now they kill Megaman?

I said this MONTHS ago and now Ima say it again:
Nintendo should buy the scattered remains of Clover studios to at least save Okami from certain doom
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#2paulinkPosted 7/19/2011 3:05:47 AM
It wasn't cacpcom's fault okami flopped in sales, it was a niche title that didn't garner enough attention, therefore selling poorly.

I will say this that cancelling mml3 right after their megaman universe game is not looking good for their recent track record.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#3chaomaster4000Posted 7/19/2011 3:07:35 AM
Didn't Capcom say they intended to make a quality game not get mass sales with Okamiden? Plus, the ending leaves it wide open for a third game. I don't really know how they've run it into a wall.

Don't know anything about Megaman though. >.>
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#4Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 3:08:02 AM
they announced Okami after the PS3 and didn't build up ANY hype for it
they announced Okamiden like 2 years before it actually got released - which was only days before the 3DS came out. again, no hype built whatsoever

that's what I call pathetic marketing
---
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#5VyersPosted 7/19/2011 3:09:02 AM
Paullink posted...
It wasn't cacpcom's fault okami flopped in sales, it was a niche title that didn't garner enough attention, therefore selling poorly.

I will say this that cancelling mml3 right after their megaman universe game is not looking good for their recent track record.

They didn't advertise it. It's not our obligation to know that it exists.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#6chaomaster4000Posted 7/19/2011 3:14:49 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
they announced Okamiden like 2 years before it actually got released - which was only days before the 3DS came out. again, no hype built whatsoever

True. But, I still don't think that counts as "running it into the wall" because there's every possibility they'll make a 3rd game, regardless of sales. I wish I could find the source that stated what I said in my first post, but that may just have been hearsay on these boards...
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#7skytravelerPosted 7/19/2011 3:15:11 AM
Well, Okami did really poorly in Japan right from the start. Nevertheless, Capcom brought it to two systems and made a sequel without Clover. It's also been over 10 years since MML2 and it's surprising they were going to wheel that particular MM outcropping back out in the first place.
---
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.
#8StrikeNinja24Posted 7/19/2011 3:18:13 AM
You missed Viewtiful Joe.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
PR Advisor - http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#9Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 3:18:38 AM
chaomaster4000 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

True. But, I still don't think that counts as "running it into the wall" because there's every possibility they'll make a 3rd game, regardless of sales. I wish I could find the source that stated what I said in my first post, but that may just have been hearsay on these boards...

they ran the games into a wall from a marketing standpoint. both easily could have sold twice as much if they were marketed half-way competently
Okami in particular is one of the most critically acclaimed games on both PS2 and Wii, yet it bombed sales-wise. why do you think that is? again, capcoms failed marketing
---
#10paulinkPosted 7/19/2011 3:21:51 AM
Vyers posted...
They didn't advertise it. It's not our obligation to know that it exists.

That's true but a good new ip doesn't need advertising if it was truly a quality game. Reviewers gave it glowing reviews, isn't that enough to sell a game?
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN