first Okami, now Megaman

#11Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 3:32:05 AM(edited)
Paullink posted...
Vyers posted...
They didn't advertise it. It's not our obligation to know that it exists.

That's true but a good new ip doesn't need advertising if it was truly a quality game. Reviewers gave it glowing reviews, isn't that enough to sell a game?

it's evidently not
advertisement nowadays is just as important - if not more so - than actual quality. Mario 64 would have bombed too if no one knew it existed
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#12paulinkPosted 7/19/2011 3:35:00 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
it's evidently not
advertisement nowadays is just as important - if not more so - than actual quality. Mario 64 would have bombed too if no one knew it existed

Actually that's probably a bad example. Mario was a launch title for the 64, as well as it being mario...
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#13Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 3:44:21 AM(edited)
Paullink posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
it's evidently not

Actually that's probably a bad example. Mario was a launch title for the 64, as well as it being mario...

if no one knew the game existed, even Mario wouldn't have sold
fine, it's a launch title

this is true for EVERY game that isn't a launch title, pretty much. if they don't advertise it, it doesn't sell
let's say they didn't give us any news on Zelda Skyward sword yet. it was never shown on any cons, no news were given out, no dev statements - the first time you hear about it is from the reviewers 1 week before launch
it wouldn't sell worth **** despite being Zelda

Bottomline: Capcom F-ed up bigtime with Okami and they deserve hate and hell for it
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#14VyersPosted 7/19/2011 3:45:58 AM
Paullink posted...
Vyers posted...
They didn't advertise it. It's not our obligation to know that it exists.

That's true but a good new ip doesn't need advertising if it was truly a quality game. Reviewers gave it glowing reviews, isn't that enough to sell a game?

Uh, yeah, it does. No matter how you spin it, Okami failed ONLY because of Capcom.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#15IntoTheN1ghtPosted 7/19/2011 4:25:10 AM
How are you stupid for not releasing a game that will most likely (they have people doing research on this) lose you money?

There is a reason why Capcom is still one of the most profitable publishers/developers from Japan, they only take calculated risks now.

The only "stupid" is Nintendo pricing the 3DS so high just to make more money, it backfired and now people are pulling away from it
---
Look at my game it must hurt! GA GA GA GA GA Hooray for me! In your face! You cant deny me, its to real for you!
#16StrikeNinja24Posted 7/19/2011 4:28:30 AM
IntoTheN1ght posted...
How are you stupid for not releasing a game that will most likely (they have people doing research on this) lose you money?

There is a reason why Capcom is still one of the most profitable publishers/developers from Japan, they only take calculated risks now.

The only "stupid" is Nintendo pricing the 3DS so high just to make more money, it backfired and now people are pulling away from it

Like this?

http://thequarterbin.com/2011/07/15/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-mvc3-to-get-12-new-characters-in-budget-re-release/
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
PR Advisor - http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#17VyersPosted 7/19/2011 4:57:28 AM
IntoTheN1ght posted...

tldr; They make a million Monster Hunter sequels.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous