Is Nintendo on a very long vacation right now?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 7/19/2011 6:30:39 AM
Besides Starfox 64 there is absolutely nothing announced as far as Nintendo games go and the Wii only has 3 more games going for it (Kirby Wii, Mario Party 9, LoZ: Skyward Sword.) Is it because they are putting all of their time and resources into the Wii U or something. To someone that only plays Nintendo systems please explain why there is such a long break in games? Never in my 15+ years of Nintendo gaming have I experienced such a long drought in games. (Not a troll topic just trying to get some truth in the matter.)
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2chaomaster4000Posted 7/19/2011 6:34:34 AM
Uh... there's plenty of Nintendo games announced for 3DS. Just not with confirmed release dates. Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Super Mario, etc.

Also, yay for living in the EU, where we can look forward to Xenoblade on Wii in just a month's time.
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 6:36:07 AM
Uh... there's plenty of Nintendo games announced for 3DS. Just not with confirmed release dates. Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Super Mario, etc.

I apologize for not being clear. What I mean was the only Nintendo game with an announced release date is StarFox 64 3D. Afterwards its a long walk in the dark.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4EtoRangerPosted 7/19/2011 6:36:55 AM
If they did went on a vacation, I hope they bring me back a souvenir!
---
Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger!
Pokemon Black FC 4556-0457-6896
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 6:38:01 AM
^
and if they are truly on a vacation I hope there games are even better than what I expect for the wait time we all have to endure.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 7/19/2011 6:43:53 AM
ITT: Gamers being impatient.

This may have nothing to do with the topic at hand, but the Vita only has about 2 interesting games at launch (Uncharted and Little Deviants) it's really only natural for a console to experience a drought in the early stages of it's life cycle.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
PRIMARY RULE: GOD HAND > YOU
#7blm03vPosted 7/19/2011 7:23:10 AM
People seem to forget that companies rarely release AAA games during July and August. Aside from the yearly football sims, there are very few high quality games that come out across every system.
#8RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:02:00 AM
^
it's not just a few months it has been all year round. I was hoping someone would explain why things have been rather slow lately. I'm not impatient more like concerned.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#9SlaysmePosted 7/19/2011 8:06:04 AM
Nintendo is losing their software magic. I guess they only have enough left for a few titles a year.we all know what will happen when the gauge goes empty.

Nintendo
lvl 31 company.
HP 4/245
MP 99/999

The Nintendo has fallen asleep.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#10vidalmorazaPosted 7/19/2011 8:07:49 AM
Nintendo has zillions of dollars, they can quit the industry for 5 years and still have a lot of money...
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg