Is Nintendo on a very long vacation right now?

#11NightgazerPosted 7/19/2011 9:18:08 AM
LuffypwnsNaruto posted...
ITT: Gamers being impatient.

This may have nothing to do with the topic at hand, but the Vita only has about 2 interesting games at launch (Uncharted and Little Deviants) it's really only natural for a console to experience a drought in the early stages of it's life cycle.

You forgot Gravity Daze and Dragon's Crown.
---
Okay, I'm done now. It's just not funny anymore.
#12ORANGE666Posted 7/19/2011 9:18:18 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
Nintendo has zillions of dollars, they can quit the industry for 5 years and still have a lot of money...

They would lose at least 70% of their stock, you know how stock holders are.

Nintendo reportedly lost 10% after they announced the WiiU.
#13MRW1215Posted 7/19/2011 9:20:56 AM
I'm pretty sure Super Mario 3DS, Mario Kart, and Icarus: Uprising will all be out by the end of the year, as well, they just don't have specific dates nailed down, yet. As for right now, well, two things; for one, as has been said, there's usually always a "gaming drought" during the summer, for all systems. On top of that, the 3DS is still in its earliest period, yet; typically, when a new console releases, it's at least 6-12 months before the worthwhile games start coming out.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MRW812158
http://backloggery.com/mrw1215
#14Milk_CorePosted 7/19/2011 9:31:23 AM
Good games take alot of time and effort to create and develop.
#15trenkenPosted 7/19/2011 9:37:39 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Uh... there's plenty of Nintendo games announced for 3DS. Just not with confirmed release dates. Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Super Mario, etc.

I apologize for not being clear. What I mean was the only Nintendo game with an announced release date is StarFox 64 3D. Afterwards its a long walk in the dark.

Welcome to being an early adopter where you go through epic droughts of no games. You chose to buy this thing when it was a long way away from having a lot of good games to play.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#16vidalmorazaPosted 7/19/2011 10:09:03 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
Nintendo has zillions of dollars, they can quit the industry for 5 years and still have a lot of money...

They would lose at least 70% of their stock, you know how stock holders are.

Nintendo reportedly lost 10% after they announced the WiiU.

Thatīs just means that the stock value is less, Nintendo did not lose a single penny....

And is true, the season is slow, big games are late in the year, or early in the year...
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg
#17SlaysmePosted 7/19/2011 11:05:16 AM
There is a difference between a game drought and an unsteady platform.
Where's the games they are working on? You mean to tell me there is no Zelda(new game), metroid, Kirby, pokemon(main system selling series), or even god forbid a mother "esque" nintendo rpg screenshots/info because they are keeping them a secret? Even the company some of you defend is waiting this one out to see the outcome. They are throwing a few games out because they have to al least keep the pretense of strong support. Next year we will hear a different story entirely. This will be written off as an experiment.

I dropped my cash for this system, it's not just early adaopter blues. I never had a dsi, my 3rd has around 100 dollars in eshop ware, I have plenty of DS games, I just lost 4 3ds games, but I've had or played all of the currently released games I'm interested I. And am game flying the rest. So I have plenty to play, at not the issue. The future is. When the good partners of a company are unsure, that unsettles other devs. If sega can't make a buck how can Johnny basement?
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.