They could kill all other DS consoles.

#1SlaysmePosted 7/19/2011 7:47:18 AM
If there was no other, cheaper, option, people would buy the 3ds in massive numbers. But many seem to think a few games are going to make the huge difference.
Not when you have 3/4 iterations of "the same thing" on the same shelf. Most people who really want a 3ds have one. Sure, there are plenty of gamers waiting on games, etc, ... But the truth of things is that this system will not be a repeat of the success of the DS. The universal appeal just isn't there. The competition is too different, and nintendos digital content system seems the most rigid I can think of. Publishers would love to offer DD retail games , it saves them tons, and hurts used sales. Easy to pull off elsewhere, everyone else is aware of the current state of the software industry. I'm hopeful nintendo has at least one person who reads what the fans say, but it dosnt seem that way.

Kill all of the other DS systems, force the 3ds. Make it the only one available in walmart,etc..many people will not buy used systems, and then the nintendo DS name would work for them.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#2jesse7150Posted 7/19/2011 7:52:29 AM
wow, that was such an original post, nobody has ever thought of it like that.

also wait til after christmas. Nintendo released the hardware way early to make some money in a terrible quarter for them. Holiday sales will be a much better test of the system, which has sold pretty well for the game availabilty and confusion the name has caused.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#3Slaysme(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:57:28 AM
um, i read that as sarcasm, i know that some other ideas got chewed up in there, but, geez. at least I'm not griping about capcom.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#4L0L_FAQPosted 7/19/2011 10:04:58 AM
But you're griping. Go out and change something. Griping won't help.
---
http://i51.tinypic.com/10x7xxl.png http://i54.tinypic.com/2rm9quq.jpg
3.33GHz i7 Extreme, 16GB RAM, 4x HD6990
#5Slaysme(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 11:38:55 AM
Actually, I'm freely imputing my ideas into the universal streams of thought, hoping they might find an anchor of some relevance. Don't know what else I can do, learn programming, development techniques, find massive funding and launch my own console with hundreds of top notch original ip's? Maybe if gamefaqs united and everyone could get along.

I will do the aforementioned things with the right people, so there ya go. Wanna help?
---
#6strongo9Posted 7/19/2011 11:44:09 AM
Everybody will upgrade eventually.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#7hatemakingnamesPosted 7/19/2011 12:41:13 PM
Burger King could stop its dollar menu and then people would have to buy a triple whopper.

..or we could just not go to Burger King.
#8BossBangPosted 7/19/2011 1:21:23 PM
As much as developers would fight it, that fact of the matter is that right now, there IS a used games market. Today. Right now.

And the games currently available for 3DS don't warrant a $250 purchase for a lot of people. Lets face it, most of the people who want a 3ds that don't already have one probably owned a DS at one point.

There's no reason to invest $250 for the few games that are out now. For a lot of people, its better to spend 50 bucks and get used copies of Radiant Historia, Pokemon, or Devil Survivor to play during the summer. You'll enjoy those wayyyyy more than super street fight IV, and they won't set you back almost 300 big ones.

And when something WORTH getting for the 3ds comes out, make the upgrade.
---
"Everybody has an opinion. Just some people try harder to shove it down your throat than others."
#9andodelPosted 7/19/2011 1:34:32 PM
While I firmly am against the people who say the 3DS is a failure, I have to say that it will never be as successful as the DS. At the same time, I don't think Sony will have the shining handheld this gen, and that this generation will be more of a tie. Since the Vita hasn't been released yet, for all we know it could be a flop, but at best it will be on par with 3DS.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.