Nintendo could afford to drop the price a bit.

#1leak_manPosted 7/19/2011 7:29:53 AM
Sales are slow due to lack of games and overly steep price. Nintendo is making $100 for every system sold. They're charging a bit too much.

Lower the price by about $50-70 and they're still making a profit. And people will actually by the damn thing.
---
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a ***** would draw.
http://i40.tinypic.com/rh6dc1.jpg
#2SlaysmePosted 7/19/2011 7:34:04 AM
kill all other models, drop price to $189.99.
Include Pilot wings resort as a built in and sell away.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#3lambchipsPosted 7/19/2011 7:36:33 AM
i doubt a price cut will happen this year (nintendo will probably price cut early next year, when they exhausted all their AAA games and just want new comers into the market)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#4Master_HapposaiPosted 7/19/2011 7:41:43 AM
You forget that Nintendo sells 3DS's to the stores for less than $250, so they may be selling at a loss if they cut it by $50-70. Nintendo also said they will never sell at a loss again. Although this certainly kills the value of their products since Sony sells at a loss.
#5BreathofFire3Posted 7/19/2011 7:49:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6vidalmorazaPosted 7/19/2011 7:59:57 AM
Why do a price cut when you are gonna get Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart 3DS later this year? Those 2 games can sell more 3DS units than a $50 price cut....

Does anyone had a DS? The sales where very slow the first months, until one day, one year later of it launch, a little game called Mario Kart DS hit the stores, and we all know the story....
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg
#7SlaysmePosted 7/19/2011 8:02:27 AM
Brain Age, that was where it really took off. the huge success.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#8MyDogSkipPosted 7/19/2011 8:17:04 AM
They're selling the hardware for profit, which means they have some room to cut prices. How much, I do not know. Nintendo won't sell at a loss though, because they are solely a video game company. Sony and Microsoft have other sources of revenue, and they can afford to lose money on video game endeavors in the hopes of gaining it back through software sales.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#9LuffypwnsNarutoPosted 7/19/2011 8:37:24 AM
BreathofFire3 posted...
Well Nintendo counts on its fans to be sheep and buy a overpriced underpowered gimmic system so dont expect a price cut till next year when they get smashed by the Vita

Underpowered? In terms of specs it out performs the PSP by quite a lot and it's even stronger than the Wii according to Nintendo. As for the Vita, it's line-up is just as impressive as the 3DS' launch line-up. Do you seriously believe that Mario Kart, Tales of the Abyss, MGS3DS, Devil Survivor, Star Fox 64 and more as well as the existing 3DS games like OoT, SSFIV, Dead or Alive, Nintendogs, Ghost Recon, and PilotWings are going to be crushed by Vita's Uncharted and Little Big Planet?

Look, I now that you are going to make the typical "Ur a N!N-10-Doh fanboi" retort despite me being one of the few proud 360 owners on the 3DS board, which has more Sony fans saying the same "Vita will crush 3DS" bull**** than actual Nintendo fans, so I won't give a damn about replying.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3007-8204-2408
PRIMARY RULE: GOD HAND > YOU
#10SlaysmePosted 7/19/2011 8:46:47 AM
Fans and fanboys who apparently own nintendo stock as well as lovin on the nintendo c***' are not the same thing. I have enjoyed nintendo products all of my life. That does not mean nintendo will succeed in every endeavor. The masses will decide this. The masses are not eating it up. These things are true. I am a nintendo fan, but this isn't sports teams or patriotism or any of that jazz. It's life, entertainment, and commerce. Technology is moving too fast for nintendo. And they still haven't realized they are old.
---