Why is Nintendo sucking up to europe all of a sudden?

#1SuperGamecube64Posted 7/19/2011 9:34:45 AM
Has anyone else noticed? First off, European Club Nintendo members get sound tracks. The only sound track made available to us in the US so far is OOT3D, and that was promotional. Does Nintendo think Americans don't listen to music or something?

Then there's the whole Ocarina of Time 3D preorder stuff...Europe got the deku tree thing, the plastic ocarina, and some other crap I can't recall + alternate box art. Even Australia got a special edition of the game with fancy packaging and an Ocarina. What did us Americans get for preordering Ocarina of Time 3D? The game.

I call bull. It would NOT have been that hard for NOA to give us a preorder bonus of some kind. Also, why would it be so hard for NOA to spend a few bucks on some CDs for us? We'd have to buy a few games to get them, so it isn't like they'd be losing money.
#2panama_chiefPosted 7/19/2011 9:38:11 AM
Guilt and profits
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#3lambchipsPosted 7/19/2011 9:40:57 AM(edited)
you forgot...

wii
xenoblade
last story
pandora tower
disaster day of crisis

ds
solatorobo
last window
inazuma eleven
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#4panama_chiefPosted 7/19/2011 9:43:55 AM
lambchips posted...

inazuma eleven

ugh. I could choke level 5 and nintendo for not localizing this. I'm watching episode 110 right now in bed.
---
#5SuperGamecube64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 9:44:54 AM
lambchips posted...
you forgot...

wii
xenoblade
last story
pandora tower
disaster day of crisis

ds
solatorobo
last window
inazuma eleven

I just didn't feel like listing EVERYTHING Nintendo has given them that we don't have. I mean, every region is going to have a couple of exclusives, but this is ridiculous.
#6lambchipsPosted 7/19/2011 9:45:13 AM
bronx718 posted...
lambchips posted...

inazuma eleven

ugh. I could choke level 5 and nintendo for not localizing this. I'm watching episode 110 right now in bed.

nintendo localized it for EU
afaik that game is region free
---
#7r_m_8_8Posted 7/19/2011 9:48:24 AM
Because NOE already got over Wii Fit, NOA hasn't.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#8chaomaster4000Posted 7/19/2011 10:12:41 AM(edited)
I'm fairly sure it was only Greece in the EU that got all that nifty OoT3D bonus stuff. I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but I'd imagine it's to encourage as many people as possible to buy games at any cost since the country's economy is in very bad shape.

At the very least, here in the UK we only got a double-sided poster as the bonus.

Anyway, quit whining about Club Nintendo. You guys got the Game & Watch, various yearly rewards and other such things which are even advertised on our CN leaflets that aren't available on the store (and IIRC you got the Mario Hat as a reward whereas we had to pay for it with points, and it's no longer available). Our CN rewards suck pretty badly; the only things worth getting are the SMG soundtrack and the SNES Classic Controller. I guess the hanafuda cards are nice collectibles, but eh...
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#9panama_chiefPosted 7/19/2011 9:54:06 AM
lambchips posted...
nintendo localized it for EU
afaik that game is region free

I know it is because I have it. I'm more upset about the bigger picture.
---
#10lambchipsPosted 7/19/2011 9:55:41 AM
bronx718 posted...
I know it is because I have it. I'm more upset about the bigger picture.

maybe Americans still think of anime is kiddy cartoons, while EU has accepted it as a form of art
---