So you can't play GBA games on the 3ds?

#1unknowninfo775Posted 7/19/2011 9:41:02 AM
I still play some of my GBA games and im in the middle of playing A link to the past and i've heard you can't play it on a 3ds. Since this in Nintendo's way of saying all games in the future will probably be on 3ds, so screw everyone who bought dsi xl last year because aha now you need to but this console, and i was only buying this for Ocarina of time anyways. But will they let you download GBA games off w/e that shop thing is called, sometime in the future? *hides from Nintendo fanboys*
---
Currently playing: TLoZ: AlttP,TP, ME2, Halo: reach, sims 3
Currently anticipating: Skyrim, Skyward sword, ME3, AC:revelations, Arkham city, halo 4
#2ghostblade003Posted 7/19/2011 9:51:24 AM
Since they're giving the Four Swords GBA game away for free on the 3ds shop, I'd say they'll have more GBA games to download in the future.
---
PSN: DarkJustice77
Wii Code or DS Code: I have a few different ones I play online so it's easier to ask.
#3lambchipsPosted 7/19/2011 9:52:07 AM
im kind of annoyed too
i wanted to play boktai =(
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#4Gavin_RozeePosted 7/19/2011 9:52:35 AM
GBA games can be played on a Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Advance SP Mk. II, Game Boy Micro, Game Boy Player, DS and DS Lite. I think that's enough to be honest.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#5chaomaster4000Posted 7/19/2011 9:56:45 AM
Wasn't the 3DS's existence leaked before the DSiXL even came out? If so, your fault for buying a DSiXL knowing that a new console was coming. >.>

As for your other points, I'm struggling to understand what you're getting at. A GBA can be bought on eBay for 10 here, so if you're opposed to non-BC in the 3DS with two-gen old software, you can easily pick up physical copies of those games and a console for it. Moreover, if you've got a GBA to play those games on, what are you complaining about?
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#6pikachupwnagePosted 7/19/2011 9:57:14 AM
unknowninfo775 posted...
I still play some of my GBA games and im in the middle of playing A link to the past and i've heard you can't play it on a 3ds. Since this in Nintendo's way of saying all games in the future will probably be on 3ds, so screw everyone who bought dsi xl last year because aha now you need to but this console, and i was only buying this for Ocarina of time anyways. But will they let you download GBA games off w/e that shop thing is called, sometime in the future? *hides from Nintendo fanboys*

its possible that it will happen.
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#7panama_chiefPosted 7/19/2011 9:58:26 AM
ghostblade003 posted...
Since they're giving the Four Swords GBA game away for free on the 3ds shop, I'd say they'll have more GBA games to download in the future.

The multiplayer part of the GBA release was far from a full game, that's why it's getting a port. I would love some full GBA releases but I doubt we'll be seeing them this cycle.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#8Starwars4JPosted 7/19/2011 10:39:26 AM
unknowninfo775 posted...
Since this in Nintendo's way of saying all games in the future will probably be on 3ds, so screw everyone who bought dsi xl last year because aha now you need to but this console

Nobody needs to buy the 3DS unless they want to play 3DS games. I like to think that everyone knew that in order to play the games of a new system, you do indeed need said system.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9ThE_iron_MaNPosted 7/19/2011 10:53:31 AM
Nintendo's handhelds generally play the current and previous generation games. 3DS plays 3DS and DS games, DS plays DS and GBA games, GBA plays GBA and GBC/GB games, etc.
#10andodelPosted 7/19/2011 11:00:58 AM
If you want to play games from several generations ago, keep the console for that generation. Being compatible with those games mean's adding to the hardware, making a bulkier and a pricier system. As long as I can play games from the previous generation, I see no issue.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.