So you can't play GBA games on the 3ds?

#11Cave_LionPosted 7/19/2011 10:03:45 AM
Since this in Nintendo's way of saying all games in the future will probably be on 3ds, so screw everyone who bought dsi xl last year

You can't even play GBA games on DSiXL.

Fact is the GBA slot would be a waste on 3DS. Just like having N64 Slot on the Gamecube/Wii. It's not practical. If you want to play GBA games get a GBA SP for $20 or a DS lite for $60. The 3DS doesn't need to play GBA games.
---
http://www.50birds.com/extan/images/extancavelionsciam83.jpg
#12Cave_LionPosted 7/19/2011 10:04:22 AM
If you want to play games from several generations ago, keep the console for that generation. Being compatible with those games mean's adding to the hardware, making a bulkier and a pricier system. As long as I can play games from the previous generation, I see no issue.

The average gamer doesn't understand technology.
---
http://www.manimalworks.com/plaatjes/kaartfotos/homotheriumweb/homot02.jpg
#13panama_chiefPosted 7/19/2011 10:09:34 AM
Sorry TC. nintendo announced the 3DS March of 2010. If you bought a DSiXL knowing that a new handheld was on the way...well "a fool and his money are easily parted...".

Even then. If you bought a DSi you already knew that there was no more GBA compatibility. At some point every game company has to physically let go of products they used to support, leaving us to hope we can get a digital re-release.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#14strongo9Posted 7/19/2011 10:13:30 AM
Backwards compatibility to a system to generations older than the 3DS would be stupid and unconventional. It is very likely that after the GB/GBC VC libraries have developed a bit after a year or two that Nintendo will start releasing GBA games on the VC.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#15unknowninfo775(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 10:13:56 AM
I never bought the Dsi XL i still have my ds lite, for the GBA slot. But i was just saying that everyone who got the dsi or whatnot is now if they want to play new games, buy the 3ds. It just kinda sucks for them. and i dont really folow Nintendo at all so i can't remember when the 3ds got announced, my bad.
---
Currently playing: TLoZ: AlttP,TP, ME2, Halo: reach, sims 3
Currently anticipating: Skyrim, Skyward sword, ME3, AC:revelations, Arkham city, halo 4
#16strongo9Posted 7/19/2011 10:20:21 AM
^Okay. Isee what you're saying. I agree. It really sucks for the people that have DSis. They're completely obsolete now. The people who own a DS or DS Lite and a 3DS have it good.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!