I wish The Legend of Zelda NES got a remake.

#11BruceLee007Posted 7/19/2011 10:41:55 AM
The original still holds up 25 years later, but a remake done in the style of ALttP and LA would be unbelievably awesome.
---
Gamer Tag-SiriusBlack1985
PSN-BruceLee007
#12Soanevalcke6Posted 7/19/2011 11:38:05 AM
No, the original is Terrible no matter how much nostalgia you have with it, A link to the Past is the Oldest one that's actually Good, or Links Awakening, i forget which comes first but they're both good,

Anyway, NES Zeldas suck.
---
Donkey Kong Country Returns:
Factory>Volcano and Cave>Forest and Jungle>Ruins and Beach>Cliff
#13DavCubePosted 7/19/2011 11:38:30 AM
On the contrary, I feel like games this generation are too linear. Whatever happened to getting dropped in a field with nothing but a sword? Why must I herd these goats and listen to these stupid cutscenes that almost NO ONE CARES ABOUT?

....what?

Why must the overworld get locked up in parts until I have the necessary items?

It's been that way since game one. Try again.

Why have the dungeons turned from mazes into puzzle fests?

They were never really "mazes" given you always had a MAP.

For once to explore the world free of stupid NPCs getting in my way; I dream of games like that.

.....well good luck with that.

Rather than focusing on "art style" and a "high school love story"

.....what??
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#14GM_Posted 7/19/2011 11:42:28 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
No, the original is Terrible no matter how much nostalgia you have with it, A link to the Past is the Oldest one that's actually Good, or Links Awakening, i forget which comes first but they're both good,

Anyway, NES Zeldas suck.

You have no idea what you're talking about and you're one of "those" people that sling the term nostalgia around like an imbocile. It's a great game and has held up very well.
#15strongo9Posted 7/19/2011 11:50:56 AM
LoZ hasn't aged well for the most part, but it doesn't suck in the way that Metroid did.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#16BruceLee007Posted 7/19/2011 11:27:38 PM
Can't believe there are people on here saying the original LoZ and Metroid sucked. They may not be the most accessible games to modern audiences, but they are groundbreaking classics that laid the foundation for the Action/Adventure genre. Anyone with any true appreciation of video games should be able to play these and see how great they are.
---
Gamer Tag-SiriusBlack1985
PSN-BruceLee007
#17hayIeyPosted 7/19/2011 11:31:59 PM
Groundbreaking isn't an inherently positive thing. Being the first of its kind doesn't make it good or give it some inherent quality.

Zelda and Metroid have aged terribly.