I'm starting to really hate this board

#81trenkenPosted 7/20/2011 4:21:47 AM(edited)
"My freaking gawd people"

This was just embarrassing to read.

People like great games. People buy systems for 1 reason, to play great games. Please list all of the critically acclaimed games you can play on this system. Nevermind, there are only 2 games that the average person thinks are worht playing, the rest is filler garbage that either got very average reviews or are just flat out awful.

We understand this is a new system, systems take time to take off, but the 2 biggest things Im seeing discussed is how the 3DS is not selling well anywhere in the world, and how unlike when the the DS came out, they really dont have many original games even announced, which means they are a very long way off.

Right now we have some standard issue sequels and N64 ports to look forward to. Thrilling.

---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#82SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/20/2011 5:47:21 AM
OmegaZero633 posted...
People ARE defending it. :b
Most of the doomsday stuff you see are by people who probably don't even own a 3DS.

More people should read this, though. It's a topic that actually makes sense.

Or buy people that bought into the hype and now decide to stop being fanboys and admit that the 3DS does indeed have some real flaws. Why do so many people try to claim others don't own a system if they have a complaint about it.

If you think it's the best thing out, then why are you wasting your time whining about other people's whining instead of playing your "perfect", "flawess" handheld? Let us who have real reasons to state our discontent do so, because you can't stop us.

And you should stop going to other boards trolling and hating on those systems and games if you don't like it when someone does the exact same thing to the 3DS. That makes you a hypocrite.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#83QuaintedPosted 7/20/2011 6:52:59 AM
One of the big problems the 3DS has is being guilty of the crime of "less battery life than its predecessor". I can count on one hand all of the 3DS games that are out as of this moment that I'd even consider purchasing (not counting the e-shop, which I still can't even use). In other words, the best games on the 3DS are DS games, and my DS phat is actually better for playing them.

This was never the case with a handheld upgrade before. Rationing battery is infuriating. I can play SNES games on my laptop for longer.

This may seem tangential, but what it means is that the userbase of the DS has really no reason to update until a must-have or a price drop, which Nintendo is absolutely holding off on as long as possible. I'm sure that DS software (and possibly hardware) sales are still killing the crap out of those for the 3DS. You can't even buy e-shop points cards in Canada until the end of August.

So, my point is, why would you make a thread telling people to stop complaining? Criticism is good. While gamers are definitely a entitled lot (kudos for not being entitled whiners, I guess), it doesn't mean that Nintendo didn't totally drop the ball on the 3DS. From what I've seen, Pilotwings has the only good use of the 3D effect, really. I got the 3DS as a gift - I was going to wait and see, but after I received it, I hoped I would be pleasantly surprised. I was not. Well, Shadow Wars was actually quite good, but one unexpected above-par game is only so much of a consolation.

It's a little bit moot to even be posting a negative message at this point, though; we're mostly over the hump, and we'll be getting some awesome titles (not to mention free four swords in september). It's just a prime example of a crappy launch, to which I suspect the vita will wipe its behind with. Unless it proves itself a dud, I will encourage people to get it instead - portable 3D is apparently a bit of a bust.

The browser is OK, though. Flash would have really helped on that one.

Anyways, the complaining thus far really wasn't unwarranted- there's no reason to kick and scream, but we should hold companies to a high standard, or they'll just peddle crap (fun fact: they'll still do it anyways). Whether you like or hate the e-shop, there's little denying that they could be doing a much better job on it, and not discussing both sides properly would make us a very unhelpful board to newcomers. One thing I can definitely say for this board is its relative honesty.
#84OmegaZero633Posted 7/20/2011 10:53:34 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Or buy people that bought into the hype and now decide to stop being fanboys and admit that the 3DS does indeed have some real flaws. Why do so many people try to claim others don't own a system if they have a complaint about it.

If you think it's the best thing out, then why are you wasting your time whining about other people's whining instead of playing your "perfect", "flawess" handheld? Let us who have real reasons to state our discontent do so, because you can't stop us.

And you should stop going to other boards trolling and hating on those systems and games if you don't like it when someone does the exact same thing to the 3DS. That makes you a hypocrite.

I think you've got the wrong person. o.o
If you've ever been on the Vita boards, you might notice that I'm one of the people supporting both systems, and that unlike my 3DS, I'm getting a Vita at launch. Unless you were talking to Nintendo 'fanboys' in general.

And I said the people claiming "doomsday", as in "the 3DS is doomed", are probably those who don't own the handheld. I was not targeting people with legitimate complaints (battery life, sweet spot, ect...), and was not even stating it as a fact. My point was that most of the people who are blowing things out of proportion and claiming that the 3DS is going to fail/die/"lose" are people who already have a biased viewpoint of the 3DS.

I never said or implied that the 3DS is perfect, flawless, or the best system out as of now. To claim so either demonstrates ignorence on your part, or a lack of reading comprehension skills. Before you personally attack someone, please read their post beforehand.

Unless, once again, you were referring to the 'fanboys' in general, which doesn't explain why you quoted my post. :/
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#85NoPointMadePosted 7/20/2011 11:05:09 AM
It's school vacation season TC, mostly spoiled babies with nothing else to do finished their games and whine around boards all day just now. Wait till a new game comes out, this board will be quiet for awhile, and then the whining will crank back up again again in a few days. Circle of life.
#86ThE_iron_MaNPosted 7/20/2011 11:21:30 AM
The 3DS certainly isn't finished. It has sold decently enough, especially when you consider that there are barely any games out for it.

That said, people who are complaining aren't trolling because they have every right to complain. The first two "big" games coming out are remakes/ports/whatever of N64 games. On top of that, Star Fox won't even have online multiplayer. And besides these, there's barely anything else worth picking up.

By the end of the year hopefully we'l have Paper Mario, Super Mario, and Mario Kart. But even then it feels like I'm getting the same games for each Nintendo system. This is less of a problem though, because I'll end up really enjoying these games anyway.
#87kaiserzero61Posted 7/20/2011 2:04:19 PM
TC, this is gamefaqs.
I remember when the PS3 came out, the PS3 hardware board looked pretty much the way the 3DS board looks now.
''PS3 is flop''
''PS3 is doomed''
''XBOX is the superior game consoel!!!11''
Fact is, you're always going to have whiners who have nothing better to do than vent their anger towards a piece of plastic thinking someone out there in the world actually cares what they think.
Enjoy your games.
That is all.
#88AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/20/2011 2:30:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]