Too big expectations of VC?

#185090578765572Posted 7/19/2011 2:00:54 PM
It seems that people won't be satisfied until EVERY game EVER is out on VC, be it 3DS or Wii. Does anyone understand that they can't put out every game there? And that releaseing the big ones in increments is smarter(from their perspective) than all at the same time? Or am I wrong, and is it really everything or nothing?

We got Super Mario RPG in Europe and Castlevania Rondo of Blood, two games I thought were never going to come out, and for low price too. And the original Mario 2 in NES form... sure I too think they should translate and release Mother 1 and Bahamut Lagooon, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc etc but does the lack of some game mean the service sucks?
#2CorruptedRPGPosted 7/19/2011 2:07:41 PM
Mother 1 (Earthbound Zero) was fully translated by Nintendo. It was just never released.
---
C. Playing:
#3nintendo3000Posted 7/19/2011 2:08:45 PM
Wii's vc in eshop= me happy
---
Okamiden magnets... HOW DO THEY WORK?!
#4Baha05Posted 7/19/2011 2:17:40 PM
What really gets me by the time the 3DS came out the Wii's VC had most of the titles that would sell and at that point people might have already beat them so it kinda defeats the purpose of simply playing them again.

I think Sony spoiled a batch a gamers personally, I mean it would be cool but they would have to change stuff and modify the Wii VC to work correctly on the 3DS (Most likely adding a save feature like the GB games.
#5pikachupwnagePosted 7/19/2011 2:44:36 PM
85090578765572 posted...
It seems that people won't be satisfied until EVERY game EVER is out on VC, be it 3DS or Wii. Does anyone understand that they can't put out every game there? And that releaseing the big ones in increments is smarter(from their perspective) than all at the same time? Or am I wrong, and is it really everything or nothing?

We got Super Mario RPG in Europe and Castlevania Rondo of Blood, two games I thought were never going to come out, and for low price too. And the original Mario 2 in NES form... sure I too think they should translate and release Mother 1 and Bahamut Lagooon, Seiken Densetsu 3, etc etc but does the lack of some game mean the service sucks?

yeah they do. WE WANT NES SNES GBA AND GAMECUBE GAMES NOW. srsly people are asking for those. why gamecube you can find most gamecube games used anyways and play them on you wii or gamecube.

all the released games except 2 of them are AAA OR BBB titles anyways but 2-6 dollars is to much for a perfect condition easy to access port of amazing hard to find games.
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#6DranakinPosted 7/19/2011 3:04:16 PM(edited)
85090578765572 posted...
Does anyone understand that they can't put out every game there?
Why not? We already have out there Wii's VC library, or at the very least, Japan's 3DS VC offerings. Why shouldn't NA and EU 3DS have the same library?

85090578765572 posted...
And that releaseing the big ones in increments is smarter(from their perspective) than all at the same time?
Forcing us to buy crappy games every week and making us wait for a few gems hurts them far more in goodwill/support than an unpredictable impulse buy of ‘Baseball.’
#7strongo9Posted 7/19/2011 3:17:24 PM
people are just impatient and want their favorite retro games out now. They need to give the VC library time to develop.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#8GM_Posted 7/19/2011 8:55:26 PM
Dranakin posted...
85090578765572 posted...
Does anyone understand that they can't put out every game there?
Why not? We already have out there Wii's VC library, or at the very least, Japan's 3DS VC offerings. Why shouldn't NA and EU 3DS have the same library?

85090578765572 posted...
And that releaseing the big ones in increments is smarter(from their perspective) than all at the same time?
Forcing us to buy crappy games every week and making us wait for a few gems hurts them far more in goodwill/support than an unpredictable impulse buy of ‘Baseball.’

Baseball is a good game.