When do you think Netflix will ever offer 3D streaming?

#11strongo9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 6:40:32 PM
No, it's not a business direction change. It's them finally ramping up a service they thought was niche. This progression should've started years ago but the channels to distribute content weren't so widespread(every device in my house can stream now;count have said that a few years back). AND netflix still has to fight with the studios about how long certain films have to remain on shelves before they can start to stream. DVD distribution is still their number 1 priority, price change or not.

Are you even a Netflix subscriber? If so, where the heck have you been? Netflix has made recent statements that they've seen the big potential in streaming and that they're making it the company's main focus, as in their number one priority. They're still going to cater to the people who order DVDs. Netflix started by separating their streaming and DVDs plans.

Why wouldn't it? This isn't Netflix on some simple mp4 machine. It's Netflix on a device 2 years in the making. The planning and implementation needed to make this happen isn't a one day operation. They had ample time to strike up a converter or contact movie studios for exclusivity. But they didn't. I'm not going to blame or chastise either company, but dont you find it strange nintendo says "3d on the way" while Netflix(the actual provider is silent as a mouse - something they usually aren't...)

What I was saying that the 3DS really isn't a game breaker in Netflix's decision to go for 3D streaming. Now several different 3D enabled devices would heavily affect Netflix's decision to stream 3D content. One device isn't going to make a big difference.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#12panama_chiefPosted 7/19/2011 7:03:10 PM
strongo9 posted...
Are you even a Netflix subscriber? If so, where the heck have you been? Netflix has made recent statements that they've seen the big potential in streaming and that they're making it the company's main focus, as in their number one priority. They're still going to cater to the people who order DVDs. Netflix started by separating their streaming and DVDs plans.

ive been streaming on Netflix since it became available. I stopped being a DVD mailer as soon as they started the service. Cancelled DVDs altogether when they separated the plans. When streaming first started it was lacking back then, it's lacking now(maybe not to someone who just jumped on - but if you've been with them for as long as I have, you want more content more often).

Anyways, even with streaming being a priority my point still stands on the time frame. 2013. Why? For the same reason you pointed out below....not enough devices.

What I was saying that the 3DS really isn't a game breaker in Netflix's decision to go for 3D streaming. Now several different 3D enabled devices would heavily affect Netflix's decision to stream 3D content. One device isn't going to make a big difference.

Nintendo should've been able to pull strings. This isn't a DS with Netflix. It's a 3DS. if teyre saying "3D content is on the way, but "the 3DS really isn't a game breaker in Netflix's decision to go for 3D streaming" AND Netflix isn't saying anything, what makes anyone positive 3D streaming is right around the corner?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#13vgking69Posted 7/19/2011 7:40:11 PM
If 3d netflix is coming at all, it will be for tvs only and not the 3rd

They aren't going to bother converting 2 different 3d versions

Because the 3ds uses a double image of 400x240 to create it's 3d but that's way to low of a resolution for tvs so they'd have to a 2nd version at a higher resolution for tvs and they aren't going to waist time and money on the small 3ds customer base

If 3d movies are ever available on the 3ds it will only be through nintendo made video carts like the old UMD videos for the psp
#14CrazeePeterPosted 7/19/2011 9:10:18 PM
Of course 3D streaming is coming! That's the "next big thing"! And I think it's coming soon.
---
3DS FC: 0259-0340-5574
#15Makeveli_livesPosted 7/20/2011 5:01:51 AM

Of course 3D streaming is coming! That's the "next big thing"! And I think it's coming soon.

Then you're wrong

---
Pokemon White FC: 0862 2592 0781