Seems like a lot of 3DS Gloom and Doom today

#11VyersPosted 7/20/2011 2:22:26 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Vyers posted...
Bitentili posted...
Vyers posted...
We lost Mega Man Legends 3, Assassin's Creed, and Sega delayed Shinobi and Crushed because of 3DS sales.

So in other words, we lost Mega Man Legends 3?
Yeah I already knew that.

Actually, it's more like "third parties aren't going to take risks on the 3DS, and the 3DS will be third party Hell all over again".

Again? The DS was third party Heaven. And oh wow, two games were cancelled...that certainly never happens. Way to dramatize everything.

I'm sure third parties loved the fact that outside of Dragon Quest, Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, the occasional Final Fantasy, and casual crap, nearly any third party game ended up with sales in the six figures. Nintendo did little to reassure third parties that the same would not be the case here.

And yeah, I guess one of the most high-profile video game franchises having a game cancelled for the 3DS is an everyday thing that should be ignored (and certainly have no question asked of whether this was because Ubisoft is afraid of the 3DS' mediocre sales figures).
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#12Starwars4JPosted 7/20/2011 2:47:46 AM
Vyers posted...
I'm sure third parties loved the fact that outside of Dragon Quest, Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven, the occasional Final Fantasy, and casual crap, nearly any third party game ended up with sales in the six figures. Nintendo did little to reassure third parties that the same would not be the case here.

You're seriously trying to question the third party support of the DS? Why do you think so many hopped on board the 3DS so quickly and eagerly?

And yeah, I guess one of the most high-profile video game franchises having a game cancelled for the 3DS is an everyday thing that should be ignored (and certainly have no question asked of whether this was because Ubisoft is afraid of the 3DS' mediocre sales figures).

Legends was a relatively niche subset of a franchise that has been dying for years. Hell the creator and lead dev for the franchise left. But hey, I guess their cancellation of Mega Man Universe also heralded the doom of the 360 and Playstation, right? Get with it, all the Mega man fans know Capcom has abandoned that franchise long before this, and were anticipating it being cancelled.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade