I want a PS Vita, but the day it launches I will be terrified as a 3DS owner

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 7/20/2011 5:28:03 AM
I want both the PS Vita and the 3DS to be successful for many years to come, but I'd be lying if I said PS Vita's launch isn't going to steal the spotlight of an already struggling 3DS from both gamers and developers.

The 3DS remains a hard sell still, and I believe it will become an even harder sell when the PS Vita is on the market. Which is a competing product that can be purchased for the same price as the 3DS, and frankly does a ton more with better graphics and better online

If it was just Sony releasing the PS Vita with a launch line-up that was nothing special, I'd think the 3DS was in the clear for now. But the PS Vita is launching with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Uncharted is one of the biggest series on PS3 and of this generation of gaming. Along with a few other promising exclusives like Gravity Daze, Wipeout 2048, and possibly LittleBigPlanet Vita.

I just hope the 3DS isn't knocked down too hard and doesn't struggle getting back up when the PS Vita arrives
---
i don't believe that Elvis is dead, yeah
#2andodelPosted 7/20/2011 5:32:27 AM
By the time the Vita is released, multiple good 3DS titles will be out.
Graphics aren't everything, and in my opinion the 3D on the 3DS makes up for it. The 3DS will do fine, as well as the Vita.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#3its_mattPosted 7/20/2011 5:33:47 AM
3ds better get Mario games out then
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/20/2011 5:34:40 AM
I think that both systems will actually have a close fight with each other this time. Nintendo resorted to ripping off gamers with the over-pricing (my opinion) of the 3DS, the lack of sure fire games (I don't buy the BS excuse the fanboys make that Nintendo just wanted 3rd parties to have a chance to sell games), and Sony seems to be learning from their PSP missteps. All I say is "Game on"!
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#5w00dm4nPosted 7/20/2011 5:39:40 AM
Uncharted wont sale half the copies Mario Kart will...
i've heard ppl off the internet talk about the 3DS and wanting to get one.
I have yet to hear a mention of the PS Vita.
#6lambchipsPosted 7/20/2011 5:41:43 AM
i already have a 3ds and i plan to buy a vita once monster hunter bundle is released (since the vita is region free theres no disadvantage of getting a JP vita)

i also plan to buy a 3ds monster bundle (JP region) if they ever do one (i hope they do one)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#7Mario_BonesPosted 7/20/2011 5:47:15 AM
I'm gonna hold off on the Vita, nothing about it excites me much. Except maybe Reality Fighters, that looks awesome!
The 3DS I knew would have lots of games I wanted in a short time period, so I got it soon after release, though sooner than intended due to my DSi dying. After I heard good things about most of the launch titles, I wanted to buy more, but unfortunately don'y have the money!
---
Not changing this signature until an Ace Attorney character is playable in a Capcom Vs. Game. Started 22nd July 2010
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#8darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/20/2011 6:19:00 AM
This is the same hoo~ha we heard when the DS and PSP were launch and they had a much closer launch time compared with one another. There's nothing to be terrified of. How long of some of you guys been gaming? 2-3 years?
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#9Un_FlugelPosted 7/20/2011 6:26:03 AM
I want a PS Vita, and the day it launches I will be happy as a Vita owner tbqh.

Even happier if FF Type-0 is released before/on the same day and is on the PSN.

(if they bring Type-0 over in the first place...)
#10strongo9Posted 7/20/2011 6:26:35 AM
The 3DS will already have some AAA titles out by than. I don't see any thunder being stolen.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!