I want a PS Vita, but the day it launches I will be terrified as a 3DS owner

#51RelevenPosted 7/21/2011 3:15:41 AM
Funny how opinions are often taken as fact.

Look at the Vita line up. Now look at the 3DS line up. Which has more games? Usually the one that has more support wins.

As for Uncharted, yeah, YOU like that game. But a hell of alot more people like Mario. A mario title and Mario Kart are slated for this year. Considering the original DS Mario Kart is STILL selling well here in JPN (VS Uncharted which sold for like a week), I'd say 3DS doesn't have to worry.

Now also consider the fact that PSP has been more or less dead in the states for some time now, AND people love to complain over the $250 price tag when they could pay a little more and get a PS3. No one is going to buy the Vita in the states because no one needs to. It will sell here in JPN, but 3DS still has the software to push it. Once Vita gets another NEW Monster Hunter, THEN it will sell amazingly well... here... in JPN... where we play portable games... alot.
#52MegaWinFTWPosted 7/21/2011 3:27:32 AM
I take it you can't see the blatant hypocrisy of telling people off for dismissing the 3DS and then doing the exact same thing to the Vita with the most awful of reasons.

Especially the price one, the price which has in fact been very well received and much lower than many expected, and is the exact same as that of a 3DS to boot.
#53VampiricDragon_Posted 7/21/2011 3:31:31 AM
"I want both the PS Vita and the 3DS to be successful for many years to come, but I'd be lying if I said PS Vita's launch isn't going to steal the spotlight of an already struggling 3DS from both gamers and developers."

As any new system launch does, but you dont have to keep making these flame bate topics. And the 3ds is struggling like any new system building a library

"The 3DS remains a hard sell still, and I believe it will become an even harder sell when the PS Vita is on the market. Which is a competing product that can be purchased for the same price as the 3DS, and frankly does a ton more with better graphics and better online"

The 3ds is selling pretty damn well all things considering and if you take into account the manditory memory card you need to buy its not exactly the same and the games wont be the same.

"If it was just Sony releasing the PS Vita with a launch line-up that was nothing special, I'd think the 3DS was in the clear for now. But the PS Vita is launching with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Uncharted is one of the biggest series on PS3 and of this generation of gaming. Along with a few other promising exclusives like Gravity Daze, Wipeout 2048, and possibly LittleBigPlanet Vita.":

First of all the psp launch line up was very good as well. Second of all only uncharted pushes systems
---
Games to look forward to: Nora and the Engraving Studio, super robot wars OG 2, SMT devil survivor 2, Grand knight history, 7th dragon 2020,paper mario 3ds
#54TerotrousPosted 7/21/2011 8:12:35 AM
I'd say games are a big factor [in sales], at the very least.

Only if the gap is ridiculous (ie, one system has like 5-10x more games), which it's clearly not going to be. If Vita was out now and it had all of those listed games, sure, 3DS would be in some trouble. But by the time it is out, 3DS will have more than enough to fend it off.

Also, it's VERY possible that Vita will go through the exact same thing that 3DS is - it takes time for developers to get titles ready for a new platform, that's why launch years are often slow. Sony does seem like they're getting a fair bit of first-party content ready, but who knows when it'll actually come out. We all thought that most of the 3DS games we knew about like Kid Icarus would be out by E3, and we know how that turned out.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Super Mario Bros"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery