Do you spend a great deal of time playing games online?

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/20/2011 6:33:21 AM
Do you play games more offline or online? Do the games you play even have an online feature? Are you even interested in playing online?

I do play games online, but the games I play are MMORPGs. I'll go through a phase for awhile where I'll play one and kind of ignore other games for awhile as I play. Then, I'll get worn out of the game and go back to playing games I might of missed out on. Two biggest culprits were PSO (not really a MMO) and FFXI.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#2strongo9Posted 7/20/2011 6:34:29 AM
I don't play of my console or handheld games online. I do play a few MMOs on my PC though.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#3lambchipsPosted 7/20/2011 6:39:29 AM(edited)
mmorpgs are the only games i get serious over (for online play)

if a game offers couch multiplayer+online, i spend more time on couch than online
i usually invite friends over every weekend to play games, i try to avoid online play as much as possible..(unless its monster hunter or a grind heavy game, since they dont play those games)

i dont really like online only games (if splitscreen is possible)

edit- they really need to reintroduce LAN play =/
alot of my friends have 11 inche monitors, it would be great to be able to stream a game from 1 console to all 8 of the monitors.
LAN play is probably one of the main reasons they take their laptops over to play counter strike usually

---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-142
#4VdashonePosted 7/20/2011 6:37:04 AM
I've been heavily invested in MMOs since like '98.
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 7/20/2011 6:40:40 AM
before my 360 RROD'd i'd spend probably a decent amount of time doing something in single player, than after half an hour switch to online multi for some mindless fun just to wind down
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#6panama_chiefPosted 7/20/2011 6:44:36 AM
I do. Not just shooters or MMOs. I've been playing a ton of ms Splosion man, mvc3, monster hunter 3rd, and even N+. Thank god some developers include online....
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#7PChaosWMPosted 7/20/2011 6:46:16 AM
These days I spend most of my gaming time playing online games like WoW and Starcraft; however, I always make time for single player stuff at least a few times a week.
---
\\=============\\ PerfectChaosWM //=============//
//-- Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. --\\
#8d0wnerPosted 7/20/2011 6:48:20 AM
I mostly just dabble in online modes now.

Played the living hell out of PSO GCN.
---
shoot the core.
#9BraveAdolPosted 7/20/2011 6:57:03 AM
Not particularly, to be honest. Unless I'm playing with my roommates I generally prefer single player, but it's always nice when the option is there.
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#10Kitt ThrustPosted 7/20/2011 7:03:48 AM
Online isn't as important to me as a lengthy, quality, single player experience. If a game has an online mode I mess around with it a bit but spend most of my time offline.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png