So what Vita Launch titles are there?

#1hydra_dragonPosted 7/20/2011 11:47:03 AM
Everybody thinks the 3DS is done for when the Vita comes out, yet, as far as I know, there's no games that have been confirmed as launch titles. People need to stop being paranoid. If they both were announced at the same time, Nintendo would still have shown the big hitters, Mario, Zelda, ect. (game wise). And we would have said Nintendo will do fine, they have Mario and Zelda.

Point being, its going to come down to games. Sure, the Vita does look awesome, but the 3DS has a head start in terms of games, I doubt most launch games on the Vita will be AAA. On top of that, most launches tend to suck, as does the 1st year of the console's/handheld's life, look at like, everything. Very few of them had great launches, in terms of games. And if people get mad, for saying the 3DS has a ton of ports, the Vita is just a PlayStation 3 portable at this point.

The Vita definitely looks cool, high tech, and is price very competitively. But i doubt, out of the gate, it will kill the 3DS.
---
Welcome to BlogFAQS. We talk about games and how they make you feel.
#2SoaringDivePosted 7/20/2011 11:47:56 AM
I think there are some. But IDK.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#3MattperdPosted 7/20/2011 11:48:41 AM
The 3DS is already out, why do you need to know about it's Launch titles?

...Oh Vita? I thought we were on the...
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#4the_cajun88Posted 7/20/2011 11:49:55 AM
...Oh Vita? I thought we were on the...

My thoughts exactly.
---
The University of Tennessee FTW
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/the_cajun88/Josephthesnowman.gif
#5blazingsonicPosted 7/20/2011 11:52:28 AM
Psssst TC, The Vita boards are that way, just make a left past the PSP boards.
See what I did there?
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#6OmegaZero633Posted 7/20/2011 12:23:49 PM
hydra_dragon posted...
Everybody thinks the 3DS is done for when the Vita comes out, yet, as far as I know, there's no games that have been confirmed as launch titles. People need to stop being paranoid. If they both were announced at the same time, Nintendo would still have shown the big hitters, Mario, Zelda, ect. (game wise). And we would have said Nintendo will do fine, they have Mario and Zelda.

Point being, its going to come down to games. Sure, the Vita does look awesome, but the 3DS has a head start in terms of games, I doubt most launch games on the Vita will be AAA. On top of that, most launches tend to suck, as does the 1st year of the console's/handheld's life, look at like, everything. Very few of them had great launches, in terms of games. And if people get mad, for saying the 3DS has a ton of ports, the Vita is just a PlayStation 3 portable at this point.

The Vita definitely looks cool, high tech, and is price very competitively. But i doubt, out of the gate, it will kill the 3DS.

We get your point, but maybe you should have re-phrased the title. :/
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#7hydra_dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 12:42:47 PM
Yeah sorry about that.

For those of you that missed it, The 3DS will do just fine. It comes down to games at the end.
---
#8MaximusPadicusPosted 7/20/2011 12:44:17 PM
Capcom, just said yesterday that they will be releasing Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on DAY ONE of Vita's release.

This information alone caused me to place my pre-order for a Vita with Gamestop.
---
"In the land of the one-eyed, the TWO eyed man is king."
Maximus Padicus
#9hydra_dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 1:01:22 PM
MaximusPadicus posted...
Capcom, just said yesterday that they will be releasing Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on DAY ONE of Vita's release.

This information alone caused me to place my pre-order for a Vita with Gamestop.

Oh! Well, I guess the 3DS is going to have a hell of a time now. Is is going to be Day 1 for the US too?
---
#10TerotrousPosted 7/20/2011 1:06:29 PM
I don't know if it's been confirmed but the following seem likely:

Little Deviants
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf
Gravity Daze

These are the games we've known about the longest and are generally getting the most coverage, which suggests that they're probably launch titles. There's likely more, but it's anyone's best guess as to which ones they'll be.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Super Mario Bros"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery