So the 3DS is a "gimmick", yet the Vita isn't a "gimmick"?

#71Shadowfxd2Posted 7/20/2011 8:15:26 PM
controlling anything is a gimmick, the visuals are gimmicks and all video game hardware are gimmicks... don't try singling out 3D, because its just as much of a gimmick as HD and even SD, because screens are gimmicks, if you knew the correct definition.

>A few developers have already said they won't take advantage of the 3D in order to have more graphically pleasing games. lrn2research....Also, the 3D can be turned off at any time. Kind of the reason they added the slider. lrn2criticallythink

Link plz
#72ORANGE666Posted 7/20/2011 8:16:14 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Except 3D DOES add to gameplay. If you don't think greater sense of depth effects your actions during gameplay you're sorely mistaken. Take some time for actual analysis. Perhaps there still aren't enough games to showcase this, but it's clearly evident.

It's stereoscopic 3D, if it was glasses then yeah it would add to gameplay
#73OmegaZero633Posted 7/20/2011 8:17:17 PM
Vyers posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
Except 3D DOES add to gameplay. If you don't think greater sense of depth effects your actions during gameplay you're sorely mistaken. Take some time for actual analysis. Perhaps there still aren't enough games to showcase this, but it's clearly evident.

In the most minimal way. I've never felt that 3D enhanced the gameplay in any way, only the immersion of the experience.

In OoT, I had a much easier time aiming the Fairy Bow and Slingshot with 3D on.

But I don't represent the majority. :b
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#74Grandy12Posted 7/20/2011 8:21:47 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

How would it be any different?

no, really, I'm dumb when it comes to these things.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#75toma13Posted 7/20/2011 8:32:06 PM(edited)
ORANGE666 posted...

That makes no sense. 3D is 3D, glasses or not. All 3D is stereoscopic by definition.

Anyway, there are games coming out where having 3D turned on actually benefits gameplay. Check out this video of Super Mario 3DS and skip ahead to about 1:30 when he goes down the pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_0Ww3R31x0

The guy playing has 3D turned off and the layout of the blocks is obviously confusing the heck out of him as he can't reach the large coin in the left corner. If he had 3D turned on I bet that it would be a heck of a lot easier to perceive where those blocks are located in 3D space, making the coin easy to grab.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#76ORANGE666Posted 7/21/2011 1:00:42 PM
Grandy12 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

How would it be any different?

no, really, I'm dumb when it comes to these things.

Stereoscopic uses 2 images, 1 image to each eye. It's like looking looking into the window and you can tell an object has depth when comparing it to another object. Glasses allow you to see depth inside the window and outside. So you can tell an object is coming towards you out the window instead of just comparing it to something else inside the window.