Why the next 2D Metroid on handhelds should be like Fusion, not Super

#11MEGAMURPosted 7/21/2011 4:08:45 AM
More linear Metroid games? Why even make Metroid games at all? That's defeating the entire purpose.

And I really wish they'd go back to the pre-Fusion handling/physics where Samus didn't fall so fast. It was ridiculous how Retro Studios went to the effort of specifically recapturing that sort of "floaty" jumping/falling from the old games for Prime, but the R&D1 staff, the ones that actually made the old games, throws that out and makes Samus fall quickly. I at least could've bought this because of the BSL station having Earth-like gravity, but that theory goes out the window when she handles the same way on Zebes in Zero Mission.
---
Ask a game developer why their game had poor sales/isn't being released on a certain platform. The answer will always be, "A pirate did it."
#12YuwaiPosted 7/21/2011 4:28:08 AM
I never liked the sound in Fusion.

I mean... the quality. Perhaps its just because its on Gameboy Advance, I don't know.

However, the sound in Super Metroid sounds fluid to me, and I'd like ''dread'' to sound alike.

As for the game's physics, I wish it'd be just like Super Metroid (but a tiny bit less floaty).
That game was such a total masterpiece... the best game ever made in my humble opinion.

Again, these are just my thoughts and preferences.