Why the next 2D Metroid on handhelds should be like Fusion, not Super

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why the next 2D Metroid on handhelds should be like Fusion, not Super
4 years ago#11
More linear Metroid games? Why even make Metroid games at all? That's defeating the entire purpose.

And I really wish they'd go back to the pre-Fusion handling/physics where Samus didn't fall so fast. It was ridiculous how Retro Studios went to the effort of specifically recapturing that sort of "floaty" jumping/falling from the old games for Prime, but the R&D1 staff, the ones that actually made the old games, throws that out and makes Samus fall quickly. I at least could've bought this because of the BSL station having Earth-like gravity, but that theory goes out the window when she handles the same way on Zebes in Zero Mission.
---
Ask a game developer why their game had poor sales/isn't being released on a certain platform. The answer will always be, "A pirate did it."
4 years ago#12
I never liked the sound in Fusion.

I mean... the quality. Perhaps its just because its on Gameboy Advance, I don't know.

However, the sound in Super Metroid sounds fluid to me, and I'd like ''dread'' to sound alike.

As for the game's physics, I wish it'd be just like Super Metroid (but a tiny bit less floaty).
That game was such a total masterpiece... the best game ever made in my humble opinion.

Again, these are just my thoughts and preferences.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Why the next 2D Metroid on handhelds should be like Fusion, not Super

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived