Crapcom blames the fans for cancellation of Megaman Legends 3!!!

#11tremain07Posted 7/21/2011 7:42:50 AM
people who want to see if a project is worth doing and not just to appease a niche fanbase who won't make them any profit
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/wiptuu.jpg
#12Grandy12Posted 7/21/2011 7:45:19 AM
mystic belmont posted...
Who charges money for a demo?

Wasn't a demo. Was a short prequel to the sequel.

I'm against Capcom's recent decisions but even so I can see this.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#13tremain07Posted 7/21/2011 7:48:44 AM
the fans who claimed to have really loved the series and wanted it didn't want it enough to pony up 2 freakin bucks why would capcom as a company waste more time and money for something they likely wouldn't buy for full price?

its just business

so people saying capcom doesn't listen to the fans oh they listened unfortunately that was what the fans said
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/wiptuu.jpg
#14Grandy12Posted 7/21/2011 7:50:09 AM
tremain07 posted...
people who want to see if a project is worth doing and not just to appease a niche fanbase who won't make them any profit

Then they don't do the project anyway and it all becomes moot.

Why people act as if only the niche fanbase of the two games would buy it, anyway? Doesn't anyone think that once new gamers saw the game with screenshots in the e-shop (and you can bet it'd be pick of the week and be right out in the front) they would buy it? Not even looking at the Legends, selling by the Megaman name only.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#15keyblader1985Posted 7/21/2011 9:28:25 AM
A) Not everyone complained about the price - and even then it wasn't for long. Did you see how many people were looking forward to getting Prototype when the shop neared, and were disappointed by the delay?

2) It's still not fair to say fan complaints were the reason. People b**** about stuff all the time on the internet. That's no reason to cancel everything else.

iii) People not liking one character isn't reason to pull the plug either. And that character was decided by majority vote; it stands to reason that those complaining were in the minority.

And there were plenty of people who pitched in and never complained about anything. Personally, the only thing that could have stopped me from buying the game (and the Prototype) was death. >_>
---
Rest in peace, Megaman Volnutt.