so lets talk more about the top screen scratching itself

#1xCha0sPosted 7/21/2011 1:56:43 PM(edited)
if you keep the game system closed gently for any period of time, even in a simple case and protected and open it, you'll have a circular smudge on your top screen from the analog stick. you'll also notice smudges or scratch lines on the top screen inself as the boarders on the bottom screen are harsh and dig into the top screen. i think the purpose of the circular smudge is that nintendo intentionally uses the rubber analog to prevent the boarders from ruining the top screen too much, but it doesnt always work, and its annoying in its own right to have a circular smudge on your screen every single time you close it for any lengthy period of time. do you guys care? because i dont think thats senseless bickering, its plenty warranted to expect better than this, especially from a longtime handheld manufactorer whos been doing this stuff for 20 years.
#2toma13Posted 7/21/2011 2:00:10 PM
You can easily extend the bumpers or use a screen protector. I actually did both.

Also, apparently they've started replacing the bumpers with larger ones when you send them in for repair, but I'm not 100% sure of that. If so, that means larger bumper will probably be a running change for new 3DS systems.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#3strongo9Posted 7/21/2011 2:15:45 PM
I would mostly consider it senseless bickering, They are fixing it though. I haven't heard of any actual scratches yet. It's just oil lines. It doesn't happen from extended periods of time closed. It comes from too much pressure being put on the it when it is closed.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!