How is Mario not hardcore!?!

#71strongo9Posted 7/22/2011 12:30:10 PM
Games aren't core or casual, gamers are. Somebody can play a Mario game in a hardcore manner and replay the game for better scores, a lower death count, etc. Somebody can play CoD in a casual manner and just jump on the game every once and a while to participate in a match or mission.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#72xWazManxPosted 7/22/2011 12:40:25 PM

Games aren't core or casual, gamers are. Somebody can play a Mario game in a hardcore manner and replay the game for better scores, a lower death count, etc. Somebody can play CoD in a casual manner and just jump on the game every once and a while to participate in a match or mission.

makes sense

---
Alliance of Koridai-WazMan (Leader)
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3725/phoenix1c.png
#73zerowest24(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 12:49:44 PM
xWazManx posted...
makes sense

Makes sense since cents sense is cents since sense .
I like everyone's non bias opinions. Since that's said. Good bye
#74Nin3DSFanPosted 7/22/2011 7:39:13 PM
zerowest24 posted...
xWazManx posted...
makes sense

Here's my ten cents, my two cents is free
A nuisance, who sent? You sent for me?
#75AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/22/2011 7:42:52 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
zerowest24 posted...
xWazManx posted...
makes sense

Here's my ten cents, my two cents is free
A nuisance, who sent? You sent for me?

Now this looks like a job for me
So, everybody, just follow me
#76Pryce89Posted 7/23/2011 12:45:54 AM
The hardcore/casual label system is the result of industry growing pains. Eventually, the self labeled hardcore crowd will realize that Nintendo, like Pixar with movies, can give engrossing and challenging experiences despite the kid friendly appearance.
---
SS FC: 1463 3943 1599
3DS FC: 2964 8616 2726
#77VampireRoninPosted 7/23/2011 1:12:42 AM
People have been saying Nintendo is kiddie since the SNES... it's just an ignorant perception held by a vocal minority that didn't get enough attention growing up.
---
"Time to fry, yeah, FRY BABY!!!"
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#78medmusclePosted 7/23/2011 12:19:27 PM
VampireRonin posted...
People have been saying Nintendo is kiddie since the SNES... it's just an ignorant perception held by a vocal minority that didn't get enough attention growing up.

Well, you have to look at the general demographic playing certain systems. I see it ALL THE TIME at Walmart, Target, and Gamestop: Guys in their 20's and 30's looking at 360 and PS3 games, while kids with their parents looking at the Wii and DS games. Why? Because it's the general direction that these companies take with their systems. Nintendo tries to make games that people of all ages can enjoy. Most (if not all) take place in some fantasy land with vibrant colors and a degree of humor. However, many older gamers prefer subject matter that is controversial (peaks interest) with complicated problems and relationships in a real-world type of setting, even if some of the elements are entirely ficticious. That doesn't mean kids never play 360/PS3 and adults never play Wii, but the AVERAGE adult gamer does not own a Wii or a DS. Hell, even I am an exception because I own a DS Lite and I'm 33.

If you were to do an honest poll and divide the age groups (kids 3-12, kids 13-17, adults 18-25, adults 26-35, etc.), I promise you there will be a huge difference in the systems that are owned by the average person in a certain age group. Kids and adults have different interests and this comes across in TV shows, movies, and, yes, video games. This gives people a certain perception of a company because they, too, see who's shopping for games on certain systems at their local store. Nintendo caters to kids more than Sony. It's not necessarily a bad thing, even though some like to use it that way. It is also the reason why I don't much care for Nintendo games at all. Even though Nintendo can come up some some ingenius ideas, I just don't like the presentation as much. Nobody can tell me I am wrong because it is how I feel. I own my DS Lite for a few excellent third-party titles.
---
Own: PS3, PSP, 360, and DS Lite
#79Eclypse9810Posted 7/23/2011 1:00:30 PM
A game like CS1.6, or SC1/2, or DotA is hardcore.

Sure, anybody can pick up a keyboard and mouse and beat a bot, but to play competitively in those games requires ridiculous time and skill.

Mario isn't hardcore because pretty much everyone can beat it, and it offers no competition.

I'm not segregating single player games here, because I'd consider anyone who beat BG2 and it's expansion hardcore. I never could beat the final boss in ToB :(.
---
Do you remember the dark?