I am actually kind of happy that Nintendo is not doing amazing with 3DS

#1LIEKmudkiepzPosted 7/21/2011 5:25:53 PM
First of all, I love nintendo I own all of their systems (including a 3ds), and this is not a troll topic.

Nintendo has begun to get lazy, after selling tons of wii's and DS's they are on top of the world. Since they are making such a profit, they have been progressively been getting more and more lazy these years. Examples include the amount of support of the wii at the moment, and the amount of content being released on the e-shop. Because they thought the 3ds would be just of a success they decided to price it at a completely unreasonable price in an attempt to get more profit. They also cannot seem to drop either the "wii" or "ds" branding which I think is a huge mistake (the majority of people think the 3ds is just another version of the ds). Nintendo also rehashes some of their old franchises over and over again while ignoring others (f-zero, star fox, earthbound). They also cannot get any third party support (all of the 3ds games being cancelled). Plus, the vita is coming out this holiday for the exact same price with much better launch games than the 3ds's launch games. I am glad that the 3ds is not doing amazing because it is showing Nintendo that making a half assed effort after being a huge success will not bring you success. I hope that the competition will cause Nintendo to try and make some effort for once.
---
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 7/21/2011 5:29:23 PM(edited)
"They also cannot get any third party support (all of the 3ds games being cancelled)."

More new games are getting announced than cancelled

"Plus, the vita is coming out this holiday for the exact same price with much better launch games than the 3ds's launch games."

Price is irrelevant. Better launch titles are subjective. But even the psp had better launch titles than the ds so.........

The 3ds has been doing pretty good sales wise. Nothing amazing. But thats not to be expected yet.

---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#3SimpletonArrayPosted 7/21/2011 5:27:36 PM
tl;dr :( I really wanted to though. Summarize for me please. I am lazy.
#4VyersPosted 7/21/2011 5:27:49 PM
A lot do. Dreamcast, Super NES, Game Boy Advance. Please stop giving 3DS a pass because a lot of systems have bad launches also.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#5VampiricDragon_Posted 7/21/2011 5:30:58 PM(edited)
Vyers posted...
A lot do. Dreamcast, Super NES, Game Boy Advance. Please stop giving 3DS a pass because a lot of systems have bad launches also.

I am talking sales wise. Not launch titles.......

The 3ds and ds were both pretty miserable launch title wise. The gba was the best launch title lineup nintendos ever had
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#6KogaSteelfangPosted 7/21/2011 5:31:20 PM
SimpletonArray posted...
tl;dr :( I really wanted to though. Summarize for me please. I am lazy.

Nintendo's lazy, needs a kick in the butt to get them rolling again.
---
The following statement is false.
The previous statement is true.
#7scrahfyPosted 7/21/2011 5:33:12 PM
oh how annoying these lame topics are getting.
#8panama_chiefPosted 7/21/2011 5:33:24 PM
I Don't understand why some people give any company a pass for bad launches and releases. Just because company A does something wrong, it shouldn't be acceptable for companies B-Z.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#9strongo9Posted 7/21/2011 6:35:33 PM
^Because most systems have bad launches. It's a normal thing. It isn't something that's just getting excused because it happened with the PS3 or DS. Saying you can't excuse the 3DS's launch titles is as silly as saying it's selling bad when most systems sell badly at first.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#10LHS_2012Posted 7/21/2011 6:39:47 PM
Do people think the Vita's launch is competing with just the 3DS's launch? I now it doesn't sound right but that's usually the vibe I get whenever the Vita's launch is brought up.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero