Sign here if you want kingdom hearts DDD NOw!!!

#11oH_HydraPosted 7/22/2011 1:27:19 AM
so it has nothing to do with dropping stuff from a distance? in a dream? or dreamy way??? its the same style gameplay as kh1 and kh 2? i only played 1
#12Yusuke UrameshiPosted 7/22/2011 1:32:26 AM
All of the Kingdom Hearts games are main-line games. Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, Birth by Sleep...they may not have numbers, but they all have vital pieces of the plot. Ignore any one entry at your peril.
---
Just to be safe, until I see more data I'm going to assume cancer causes cell phones.
#13gransPosted 7/22/2011 1:58:54 AM(edited)

so it has nothing to do with dropping stuff from a distance? in a dream? or dreamy way??? its the same style gameplay as kh1 and kh 2? i only played 1

No one has any idea what the title really means, just like no one knew what Birth By Sleep meant either. Only some vague hints that remain unexplained thus far. Drop may have something to do with the new gameplay mechanics and a scene in the trailer where Sora jumps off Notre Dame to the ground below), but that's about all we know. Dream walking was a phrase mentioned in the trailer, so it may have to do with dreaming and performing certain actions in a dreamy state. Perhaps dreaming is a key to finding the data hidden inside Sora's heart. Distance could be anything, like going the distance, whatever. Or all three could be wrong.

The gameplay takes elements from Birth By Sleep (like the deck command system), but it also brings some of the more acrobatic moves back from KH2 (though more advanced). The acrobatics so far including surfing on rooftops, swinging on poles, and wall jumping. The story is original and new, and there will be all new Disney worlds present (Hunchback of Notre Dame being one shown so far). You can also play as Riku as well as Sora. Both have new moves and you will switch between them at random times (many times apparently the two may be in totally different worlds at the same time). The story sets up Xehanort's revival, covers Sora and Riku's mark of mastery training, and delves into Ansem's secret data hidden inside Sora (the key the rescuing all the people connected to Sora like the BBS trio, Roxas, Axel, Namine, etc). There are more secrets too, teased by the developer.

All of the Kingdom Hearts games are main-line games. Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Re:Coded, Birth by Sleep...they may not have numbers, but they all have vital pieces of the plot. Ignore any one entry at your peril.

Days is specifically stated to be a side game, as is ReCoded (by the developers). Days has some important points, but a lot of it is filler and not needed. A lot of Days we already knew. Xion's existence and Roxas' relation to her were the most important aspects. ReCoded is 95% useless and bears only a slight plot point (the final episode explains what happens to those who are connected to Sora and in pain, and the secret ending ties into this new DDD game and sets up the premise for it). But the secret ending is likely to just be shown in the intro to DDD anyways (or explained), rendering it somewhat unneeded. Chain of Memories is extremely important for about 20% of the game, probably the most important of the non-main numbered games thus far. It's a linking game between KH1 and KH2.

BBS is of vital importance, as much (if not more so) than either KH1 or KH2. DDD is considered on par with it, as both a main numbered game AND a linking game, to link into KH3. It may not have a numbered rank like KH1 or KH2, but it's still being considered internally as a fully-fledged numbered game (again like BBS). How important a game is is usually stated by Nomura or his team. ReCoded and Days are both considered side games officially. COM a linking game. BBS a main numbered game (internally called Kingdom Hearts 0). And DDD is both a linking AND main numbered game. For all we know, DDD could end up being the most important game in the series so far. It'll certainly be important enough to be ranked so highly, but it might even give BBS or the numbered ones a run for their money.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#14MetaKirbyFanPosted 7/22/2011 2:01:23 AM
*Signs*
---
Rant site, from popular GFAQs topic: https://sites.google.com/site/tria1andfai1ur3/home
MetaKirby's Trollslaying site -Tinynewtman
#15Alias_NemesisPosted 7/22/2011 8:20:27 AM
oH_Hydra posted...

i thought that too...but u missed something. the possibility of "dreams dropping at a distance" oohhh i got you there! WHO DA'H MAN!
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : Ocarina of time (3DS), inFAMOUS 2 & 999 (DS)]
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6504/samuelljaws.gif
#16Taurus910Posted 7/22/2011 8:29:28 AM
When I first read the title I thought it said "Dream Draw Distance" and thought it was being proud of the incredible draw distance they're gonna be able to pull off with the power of the 3DS or something.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
I can't barrel roll away from who I am...
#17DeathSoul2000Posted 7/22/2011 8:45:30 AM
"Do any of you even want the developers to complete the game and polish it?"

*anti-signs*

no.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#18SimpleStar010Posted 7/22/2011 8:46:59 AM
There is a KH 3D board, I hope you know that.
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X