Nintendo video has a horrible design

#1hatemakingnamesPosted 7/21/2011 9:40:42 PM
It's not like this is a surprise at all, but I'm going to send something along these lines to Nintendo and suggest you all do the same: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webformsc.jsp

Why do videos self download and self delete? That makes no sense. They're wasting bandwidth on videos that some people might not want to see. And why would you delete old content instead of building a large library of content that could be waiting for people who buy a 3DS in a year, or two years, or three years from now?

But really, Nintendo Video serves no real function, since other videos have been easily delivered directly through the eshop. (E3 set and Green Lantern)

The original videos (All but Captain America) suck. The 3D sucks and the content itself sucks. If the 3D isn't going to look amazing, we would be better off with a 2D youtube app.

And they STILL have the volume set way too low on videos. (And in 3DS sound..) Does nobody at Nintendo listen to them before they're shipped out? This isn't an issue with the system, because games play sound much louder. (I've seen some of you complain about that too, but I have set the in game volume to 50% and the system volume to 50% on some games)
#2Baha05Posted 7/21/2011 9:43:01 PM
Whine more?
#3so64Posted 7/21/2011 9:50:14 PM
I kinda like Dinosaur Office and Sunday Jog. But I agree with the video self delete, they should try to create a library of videos so that anyone that buys the system from a year or so from now will be able to have a selection to choose from. Also, they should have this app in conjunction with a Youtube app. Or better yet, what if they could partner with Youtube to essentially have Nintendo Video app be able to stream videos from the Youtube site. Not download, but stream directly from the site as with the E-Shop videos.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#4kinsho3Posted 7/21/2011 10:14:19 PM
Baha05 posted...
Whine more?

He's making legitimate points. It's called constructive criticism.

Anyway, yeah, it's really stupid that Nintendo isn't building a library of 3d videos. I like the fact that it downloads videos while it's asleep, but that's it.
---
Drop it to the floor...
#5kinsho3Posted 7/21/2011 10:17:11 PM
Ninty should actually take notes from Apple. Apple may be a company of wangs and douches, but at least they know style and marketing.
---
Drop it to the floor...
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/21/2011 10:19:43 PM
i'd say it's fairly obvious why they're doing it this way.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#7PokeMasterPosted 7/21/2011 10:36:48 PM
hatemakingnames posted...
It's not like this is a surprise at all, but I'm going to send something along these lines to Nintendo and suggest you all do the same: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webformsc.jsp

Why do videos self download and self delete? That makes no sense. They're wasting bandwidth on videos that some people might not want to see. And why would you delete old content instead of building a large library of content that could be waiting for people who buy a 3DS in a year, or two years, or three years from now?

But really, Nintendo Video serves no real function, since other videos have been easily delivered directly through the eshop. (E3 set and Green Lantern)

The original videos (All but Captain America) suck. The 3D sucks and the content itself sucks. If the 3D isn't going to look amazing, we would be better off with a 2D youtube app.

And they STILL have the volume set way too low on videos. (And in 3DS sound..) Does nobody at Nintendo listen to them before they're shipped out? This isn't an issue with the system, because games play sound much louder. (I've seen some of you complain about that too, but I have set the in game volume to 50% and the system volume to 50% on some games)

Because you agreed to it? Pretty sure it asks you if you want to allow automatic downloading when you run it the first time.

Also, the content is saved to the SD card. And more people would be pissed if they set up automatic downloads without thinking, only to find out that their stock 2gb sd card is full of videos that they don't want or will never watch. it's a download service, not a streaming one.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#8SeishinmahouPosted 7/21/2011 10:49:16 PM
I wasn't expecting too much in this App..
This probably the storage of 3D videos...
Unlike what they did in the E3 game trailers...you know...they're all over in the home menu...
So that's why, whenever there's a game trailer or movie comin', instead of downloadin' from the E-shop...Nintendo Video just have to do the works now...

Wishlist: Youtube, Online Pictochat or Upgrade Internet Browser (well if not, Nintendo must do somethin' to make us love 3DS [Because, other guys here in the forum says "I'm bored now with my system", "I'm sellin' my 3DS" or what not])
#9hatemakingnames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 10:53:05 PM
PokeMaster posted...
Because you agreed to it? Pretty sure it asks you if you want to allow automatic downloading when you run it the first time.

Also, the content is saved to the SD card. And more people would be pissed if they set up automatic downloads without thinking, only to find out that their stock 2gb sd card is full of videos that they don't want or will never watch. it's a download service, not a streaming one.

Actually, I tried saying no. It doesn't allow you to manually download the videos, it just says "You didn't agree to automatic downloads", tells you to change your settings, and is basically bricked until you change the settings.

But I think the bigger problem half of the problem is, what if some little kid really likes that Dinosaur movie and wants to show it to see it again 2 weeks from now? What if someone buys a 3DS in a year from now?

If you HAD to have automatic downloads, they could easily implement options like DVRs have like "Don't delete this video ever", "Delete this video in 3 weeks", "Delete this video if there is no space for current downloads", "Don't download videos from college humor if remaining SD card space is below 10%", and so on.

But search and download through the eshop still seems more efficent. (Plus, it makes more business sense to have people constantly logging into the eshop)
#10hatemakingnames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 10:57:21 PM
Seishinmahou posted...
Unlike what they did in the E3 game trailers...you know...they're all over in the home menu...

You can delete/redownload the E3 trailers as often as you want to make space. (Or just drag them to a different page) These videos delete in a week, never to be seen again.

It sounds like you want a folder feature. :P