Capcom responds. There's still some hope for Mega Man Legends 3

#1IamDodongoPosted 7/22/2011 7:04:08 AM
From recent twitter responses:

@LizSama - “Is it even remotely possibly the cancellation can be reversed? or are you guessing since you’re CapEuro and you know essentially only Capcom of Japan can call the shots?”

@CapcomEuro :-) join the facebook page I sent around. Show you care. Bit like you are doing on twitter

@Rablazone - “What if you guys finished making the demo, and used that to gauge interest?”

@CapcomEuro That could be an option. I’ll put it forward

@CapcomEuro This incident has shown there is very passionate group [of] Mega man fans. It will be passed on.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/07/21/more-from-capcom-europe-on-twitter/
#2BlackPhoenix127Posted 7/22/2011 7:10:47 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up, just because some guy on twitter says there is hope doesn't mean a thing, there's no way to tell if he's in any sort of power position.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#3SShredder565Posted 7/22/2011 7:15:33 AM
They're just trying to say things that make the fans happy now. They received a lot of hate for the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 before they even released the Prototype to fairly judge it like they promised. Then they received even more hate because Capcom Euro implied that it was the fan's fault, which prompted an apology from Capcom Euro. Now Capcom Euro is trying to save itself from losing its fanbase by basically telling them what they want to hear.

At least, that's my take on it. It might not be that way, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
#4Megaman OmegaPosted 7/22/2011 7:15:40 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up either. It's capcom we're talking about. They develop a game far enough to show gameplay footage and then they cancel it to troll people. They'd cancel a game at 99% completion if that makes them get 1 dollar more than releasing the game.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#5Master_HapposaiPosted 7/22/2011 7:15:40 AM
It's best to give up hope with Capcom. They didn't even put Mega Man in UMvC. Not to mention they keep blaming us for the cancellation of MML3. They should of gave the Mega Man IP to Keiji Inafune as a going away preset.
#6IamDodongo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 7:18:34 AM
Even though they are basically saying it might happen, given continued response, you're going to give up?
#7Master_HapposaiPosted 7/22/2011 7:20:47 AM
IamDodongo posted...
Even though they are basically saying it might happen, given continued response, you're going to give up?

I don't want to be hurt again. Would you keep getting back together with a girl that keeps breaking your heart?
#8Queen_RathianPosted 7/22/2011 7:23:58 AM
Master_Happosai posted...
I don't want to be hurt again. Would you keep getting back together with a girl that keeps breaking your heart?

Makeup/Breakup se... wait... what's the topic about?

Doubt they would, probably didn't have much of the prototype done anyway since they kept pushing it back.
---
The Queen of the Wyverns
http://sydney-rathian.deviantart.com/ (NSFW)
#9PrinceBluebloodPosted 7/22/2011 7:29:13 AM
The guy running the euro account is a moron- he has no idea what he's doing. He was actually counting people who said they'd definitely buy a copy, and saying things like "Okay, we're up to thirteen. How many copies will each of you buy?"

Completely unprofessional. He has no power over any of this stuff anyway.
---
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k484/WeLoveKanjimari/Ponies/pokey_trot.gif
#10SShredder565Posted 7/22/2011 7:38:58 AM
IamDodongo posted...

Just because I'm not getting my hopes up of it working, that doesn't mean I'm just gonna give up. There's somewhat of a difference.