Access Nintendo Video from outside NA

#1moneyhead64Posted 7/22/2011 12:10:47 PM
Even though I have a US Nintendo 3DS, I am out of the country on vacation in South America. Since my IP address here is not from North America, Nintendo Video won't let me download videos.

Is there a detailed way to change my 3DS settings to a US IP if I'm using a VPN program like Hotspot Shield. In the 3DS internet settings, you can edit settings like the proxy, so would changing something like this help?

Thanks
#2KorlithielPosted 7/22/2011 12:19:55 PM
Your definitely checking the wrong forums. I can't say for certain whether it's possible or not, but I would bet good money you won't get a reasonable response here, the PC boards should be of better help (even though many will likely see it as off-topic for asking about a 3DS).

If you do bug the PC board, a generic how you would go about doing that sort of thing for a PC would probably go over better, and if you get responses then try to get someone to help you with any difficulties translating that to getting it working on your 3DS.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#3Pac12345Posted 7/22/2011 12:19:58 PM
I don't know much about changing one's ip address, however, I do know that there are programs you can download which allow you to choose any ip address from any country. Maybe you can try that?
#4I_am_GyaradosPosted 7/22/2011 12:47:14 PM
If you use a proxy located in the US you should be able to get it to work, I'd recommend making your own though (open proxies are really slow). There are lots of guides around the internet for setting one up.
---
"I_am_Gyarados has the ebody of a Greek god" ~I_am_Gyarados
#5moneyhead64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 12:57:06 PM
^
If I use a US proxy, how would I change the 3DS settings so that it's also tricked because from what I'm seeing online, only my laptop's internet is being "tricked" into thinking I'm in the US.
#6I_am_GyaradosPosted 7/22/2011 1:08:31 PM
Did you change the proxy settings in the 3DS?

If not, Connection number>Change settings>Proxy settings>Yes>Detailed setup. Then enter the information for your proxy server.
---
"Oh my goodness...this I_am_Gyrados, is awesome." ~NickyTheNewt
#7moneyhead64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 1:39:10 PM
^

Where do I find the proxy value? And would I have to do anything with the port?

Sorry but I'm just so confused about all of this.
#8vidalmorazaPosted 7/22/2011 1:55:11 PM
Iīm in Mexico and we only got 3 videos, we donīt got the Captain America one, since the movies is gonna be in theaters weeks after the USA release.....
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg
#9I_am_GyaradosPosted 7/22/2011 2:17:01 PM

^

Where do I find the proxy value? And would I have to do anything with the port?

Sorry but I'm just so confused about all of this.

Try this one, it's an open proxy so it will be slow, but it should give you a better idea how to do this

IP 68.81.34.212 Port 8085

just put in the IP address and the Port and you should be good.
---
"I_am_Gyarados has the ebody of a Greek god" ~I_am_Gyarados
#10moneyhead64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 2:27:09 PM
^
I put those into the proxy settings. It goes through the router part fine but when trying to connect to the Internet it fails. Do I have to input those numbers somewhere on my laptop as well (like Firefox's internet settings)? This was done assuming that the IP address setting was auto-obtained, fyi. Thanks for your help.