Some questions...

#1HyperWaterVXPosted 7/22/2011 2:31:40 PM
Hi, I have a couple questions about the 3DS. I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm not too sure yet.

1. How's the interface? Is it clunky, or does it look nice? (This might be an odd question.)

2. I've heard complaints about the Start/Select/Home Button placement making a line on the top screen. How often does this happen, and does it damage the screen?

3. How's the 3D? I have to wear glasses, and I'm wondering if that affects me being able to see the 3D. Also, do your eyes start to hurt after playing for a while?

4. If I've never really played any Zelda games before (not a huge fantasy fan) would OoT be a good choice? It looks rather neat.

Thanks for all of the help!
---
HyperWaterVX, your aquatic defender!
Rain is like an endless dream...
#2scrahfyPosted 7/22/2011 2:38:59 PM
HyperWaterVX posted...
Hi, I have a couple questions about the 3DS. I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm not too sure yet.

1. How's the interface? Is it clunky, or does it look nice? (This might be an odd question.)

2. I've heard complaints about the Start/Select/Home Button placement making a line on the top screen. How often does this happen, and does it damage the screen?

3. How's the 3D? I have to wear glasses, and I'm wondering if that affects me being able to see the 3D. Also, do your eyes start to hurt after playing for a while?

4. If I've never really played any Zelda games before (not a huge fantasy fan) would OoT be a good choice? It looks rather neat.

Thanks for all of the help!

interface looks great =) the touchscreen can leave marks that wipe away easily with a microfiber cloth. the home buttons are weirdly placed...no biggy though. the 3D is AWESOME. its different from game to game. Zelda has the best 3D effect IMO. oh yes...GET zelda AND Resident Evil Mercs =)
#3Inferno_tHPosted 7/22/2011 2:40:15 PM
I wear glasses, and can see the 3d effect perfectly.
---
Animal Crossing Wild World FC:
3652-6079-2595 Name: Reibu, Town: SLAKE
#4pikachupwnagePosted 7/22/2011 2:45:40 PM
Inferno_tH posted...
I wear glasses, and can see the 3d effect perfectly.

ditto. also the 3ds is amazing get one. no major flaws.
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#5ShowgunLogunPosted 7/22/2011 2:47:52 PM
1. I think it looks quite good. It does take a little time to get used to where the d-pad is. It just feels different compared to the older DS's.

2. I've heard and seen this happen to a couple 3DS's. Now the reason it normally happens is because people I know put them in their pockets. I would suggest putting a microfiber cloth(like the ones used to clean glasses) in between the screens to solve that problem.

3. I think the 3D is great. I also wear glasses(I have terrible eyes) and I have never had a problem seeing the screen or the ghosting some people see when wearing glasses. HMMM. I've never played for longer than 3 hours and have never had headaches or eyestrain but to each their own.

4. Now I wouldn't know about this one really. It is a great game imo but I wouldn't just tell you to get it and you end up hating it.
---
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.- Martin Luther King Jr.
#6strongo9Posted 7/22/2011 2:51:14 PM
1. The interface is very easy to use and navigate. It's built so you can use the buttons, stylus, or your finger to navigate it.

2. Yes, that does happen when a little bit too much pressure is applied on the 3DS. It wips off very easily though. The top screen never actually gets scratched.

3. The 3D looks great in games that it's programmed well in. You won't be affected at all if you wear glasses or contacts. That's what's so great about it. You don't have to worry about 3D glasses.

4. Since you haven't played any Zelda games yet, this is your perfect chance, especially because Ocarina of Time 3D is the superior versions of the game and it's one of the best, if not the best, game in the series. I highly recommend it.

I hope you decide to purchase and enjoy a 3DS!
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!