Well.... holy crap, I can't say I saw that coming.

#1MetroidJunkiePosted 7/22/2011 3:53:05 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpBGgTiLsY

The graphical improvement in Starfox, imo, is far less subtle than Ocarina of Time was. The ocean level and the antartic Starwolf fight levels, in particular, I can hardly tell they're from the same game.
#2strongo9Posted 7/22/2011 3:58:24 PM(edited)
If there's one thing Star Fox 64 3D did well despite no online multiplayer and new content, it's how well the graphics were updated. The game looks beautiful. I loved the original, but I don't feel this remaster has enough new to make me want to get it. I'll pick it up when it's really cheap used.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#3mx2aPosted 7/22/2011 4:00:00 PM
I may get it now :p
---
GameFAQs: Where your opinions become "facts", and "maturity" is a foreign concept.
Proud Grammar Cop! [3DS:0903-2737-5537] || 2.3.4'd Atrix
#4frdetngnPosted 7/22/2011 4:01:12 PM
If this and RE:R are the "tests" of the 3ds's hardware, I'm quite looking forward to what kind of graphics are coming in the future.
---
Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was, "Oh no, not again."
#5paulinkPosted 7/22/2011 4:04:12 PM
I don't need any reason other than STAR FOX 64 ON THE GO!
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#6PhantomSwordPosted 7/22/2011 4:35:20 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpBGgTiLsY

The graphical improvement in Starfox, imo, is far less subtle than Ocarina of Time was. The ocean level and the antartic Starwolf fight levels, in particular, I can hardly tell they're from the same game.

Environments perhaps, but the actual Arwings and lasers, plus some explosions? Subtle. Still look N64-esque.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#7SShredder565Posted 7/22/2011 5:04:15 PM
The environments look amazing. But why the heck can't they get explosions right? They were just as crappy on OoT 3D. I wouldn't know, but do explosions take that much work?
#8blue_eagle2005Posted 7/22/2011 5:31:47 PM
And to add to it the game will be in 3d, I'm curious as to how good a competent dev could make a game look graphically on the 3ds without the 3d. Although I personally love the 3d.
---
XBL - Blue Eagle44---Jesus took 3 days to respawn. Talk about lag...
PSN - BlueEagle44
#9_The_Blode_Posted 7/22/2011 5:47:35 PM
The voices being re-done actually made me NOT want the game.
---
-Official Lord of the Victorious Minjo Brotherhood-
That's great. You won't be playing SC2 beta on your Mac though. - MBorella
#10Gazza_teh_FoxPosted 7/22/2011 6:01:25 PM
It IS looking quite impressive. The voices being re-done surprised me, it sounds like the same voice actors, doing the same cheesy deliveries only this time probably on purpose. I don't really mind since it means much clearer dialogue, I've played through the original many, many times so it's good to have something fresh on the ears.