Well.... holy crap, I can't say I saw that coming.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Well.... holy crap, I can't say I saw that coming.
4 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpBGgTiLsY

The graphical improvement in Starfox, imo, is far less subtle than Ocarina of Time was. The ocean level and the antartic Starwolf fight levels, in particular, I can hardly tell they're from the same game.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
4 years ago#2
If there's one thing Star Fox 64 3D did well despite no online multiplayer and new content, it's how well the graphics were updated. The game looks beautiful. I loved the original, but I don't feel this remaster has enough new to make me want to get it. I'll pick it up when it's really cheap used.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
(edited 0 seconds ago)
4 years ago#3
I may get it now :p
---
GameFAQs: Where your opinions become "facts", and "maturity" is a foreign concept.
Proud Grammar Cop! [3DS:0903-2737-5537] || 2.3.4'd Atrix
4 years ago#4
If this and RE:R are the "tests" of the 3ds's hardware, I'm quite looking forward to what kind of graphics are coming in the future.
---
Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was, "Oh no, not again."
4 years ago#5
I don't need any reason other than STAR FOX 64 ON THE GO!
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
4 years ago#6
MetroidJunkie posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpBGgTiLsY

The graphical improvement in Starfox, imo, is far less subtle than Ocarina of Time was. The ocean level and the antartic Starwolf fight levels, in particular, I can hardly tell they're from the same game.

Environments perhaps, but the actual Arwings and lasers, plus some explosions? Subtle. Still look N64-esque.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
4 years ago#7
The environments look amazing. But why the heck can't they get explosions right? They were just as crappy on OoT 3D. I wouldn't know, but do explosions take that much work?
4 years ago#8
And to add to it the game will be in 3d, I'm curious as to how good a competent dev could make a game look graphically on the 3ds without the 3d. Although I personally love the 3d.
---
XBL - Blue Eagle44---Jesus took 3 days to respawn. Talk about lag...
PSN - BlueEagle44
4 years ago#9
The voices being re-done actually made me NOT want the game.
---
-Official Lord of the Victorious Minjo Brotherhood-
That's great. You won't be playing SC2 beta on your Mac though. - MBorella
4 years ago#10
It IS looking quite impressive. The voices being re-done surprised me, it sounds like the same voice actors, doing the same cheesy deliveries only this time probably on purpose. I don't really mind since it means much clearer dialogue, I've played through the original many, many times so it's good to have something fresh on the ears.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Well.... holy crap, I can't say I saw that coming.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived